IOS audio interface for Youtube/Insta?

na i get it. u can hear/monitor it before it goes into the phone.
u wanna hear what is coming out of the phone.
i.e. what u are actually recording, what it sounds like where your recording levels in your app etc etc.

what if your levels are set fine on the go mixer, but your levels in your recording app are not.
u won’t know that it sounds jank af until after you record and play it back.
then u gotta do the take all over again. frustrating. too loud, too soft whatever.

when u can monitor post-phone, then this would all be very clear before u even press record.
so u can make sure everything is setup properly so that when u hit record everything is golden.

its not like i’m saying u can’t work around this & get used to it
but its one less thing to stress about, one less thing to remember which can make a big difference
when u should be focusing on what u are actually trying to do for the video in the first place

just my 2c…
i used to have a similar pre-phone monitoring setup
then i got the irigHD which allows u to monitor post-phone
and its just so much easier to make better quality, better sounding videos from the get

@docshermsticks said:
i.e. what u are actually recording, what it sounds like where your recording levels in your app etc etc.

what if your levels are set fine on the go mixer, but your levels in your recording app are not.
then u gotta do the take all over again. frustrating. too loud, too soft whatever.

when u can monitor post-phone, then this would all be very clear before u even press record.
so u can make sure everything is setup properly so that when u hit record everything is golden.

but its one less thing to stress about, one less thing to remember which can make a big difference
when u should be focusing on what u are actually trying to do for the video in the first place

just my 2c…
and its just so much easier to make better quality, better sounding videos from the get

Dude I’m guessing you are from the new generation of guys that are spoilt with a multitude of monitoring options and post processing! ?

Fortunately I come from the generation of mixing live where a lot of it was trial and error. All you need to do is record a few seconds of the loudest part and make sure it’s not clipping.

We’re talking ‘on the go’ travel options for mini tutorials and jams. If I was doing a film score of course I’d just use my studio!

Thanks for your input everyone. Much appreciated.

@docshermsticks said:

just my 2c…

You can monitor post phone with go mixer, but if you try to overdub into the phone, it doesn’t work. Haven’t tried it in a while, but I have a vague memory that it records the output as well as the input or something dumb like that.

@ludicrouSpeed said:

@docshermsticks said:

just my 2c…

You can monitor post phone with go mixer, but if you try to overdub into the phone, it doesn’t work. Haven’t tried it in a while, but I have a vague memory that it records the output as well as the input or something dumb like that.

Cheers mate, I’ve not intention of using my phone as a ‘studio’ and overdubbing etc. It’s simply just a way of capturing audio and video simultaneously on my travels without having to buy a dedicated DSLR

lol na i’m OG but thanks for assuming u know me

my point was that it was easier to make better quality videos from the start
less things to worry about, less trial and error.
it was worth upgrading to a different interface that allowed me to do this.
sorry if it got away from me a lil

@docshermsticks said:

@docshermsticks said:

I was only joking, don’t get your knickers in a twist.

Honestly I just want a better quality alternative to the built in mic that’s all. If that means a few takes to find levels I’m happy.

all good mang, was only trying to help from my own experiences.
hope u get on w/ whatever u decide to go w/

@docshermsticks said:
all good mang, was only trying to help from my own experiences.
hope u get on w/ whatever u decide to go w/

Cheers man honestly was just messing about