Is TE still operating as a company? Yes, just on holidays.

Why I ask is that they have stopped replying to my emails and they don't seem to be accepting deliveries.

Here's the story...

My OP-1 died, I couldn't turn it on and updating the firmware failed producing error codes that apparently TE have not seen before. TE requested that I send it back to them which I did. They were good in replying to my emails and helpful in every aspect along the way. They gave me an RMA and the address details in which to send it. I triple checked the shipping details and confidently can say it was correct.

After sending it, it sat in a postal facility for about 3 weeks in Sweden, there was an attempted delivery to TE and now it's disappeared. To make things worse TE have stopped replying to my emails.

They are the only ones that can resolve the delivery issues. It has cost me over $100 to send it over to Sweden from Australia and if it comes back I'll have to pay again to send it. It's out of warranty and no doubt they'll charge me large amounts for the repair.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on with TE and why they don't reply.

I had an issue with my OP-1 around three weeks ago and they responded pretty quickly. Didn’t have to send it to them though.

Summer vacations in Sweden?

Punji, that could well be what’s going on here.

That isn’t a very good reason. I don’t believe that summer vacations are to blame.

Good reason or not, it is the reality that most Swedes have one month of vacation in July, and that many Swedish companies comes to a standstill during the vacation times.

My tuppence : it really could be the holidays - I lived there for a couple of years and many small businesses come to a full stop in the summer.

I once went to report a minor crime at the local police station in Nybro - found a note that it was closed for the summer holidays and that I should go to the nearest one in Kalmar 30km away instead :-/

Anyway, it’s shitty not knowing what’s going on, hopefully they will get through the backlog and get back to you asap now the kids are going back to school :slight_smile:

Yeah, I recently heard about the work holidays over there. Cool country. Little auto-reply in their email ‘sorry, away for a few weeks’ wouldn’t hurt if that’s the case tho. I’d be getting bummed out if I had hardware probelms/warranty enquiries and just got radio silence.

@Brokenchip that’s a real bummer, but I think it’s the summer vacation thing. It’s quite normal in the Nordic countries to not reply to emails etc between midsummer and mid-August. I remember reading similar stories here at the forum before…

Yeah, I recently heard about the work holidays over there. Cool country. Little auto-reply in their email 'sorry, away for a few weeks' wouldn't hurt if that's the case tho. I'd be getting bummed out if I had hardware probelms/warranty enquiries and just got radio silence.

nah, they’re too celeb for such thing

Lived there for 7 years and yes, Stockholm is pretty much a ghost town during summer. All the Swedes go to Thailand.
I worked for a big company there and even so, I was sometimes the pretty much the only one on a floor of 200 people.
So, it could be that.

Setting up an Out of office email never killed anyone though!

I just heard from TE with good news and an apology for the lack of email replies. They are indeed on vacation with most of the team away. They said it’ll be fixed today and I’ll be updated soon.

They absolutely need to set up Out of Office email, that would have put my mind at ease.
They absolutely need to set up Out of Office email, that would have put my mind at ease.

So true. I so much believe in the power of communication. Not just because it’s my profession, but because in most cases (the right) communication is just a little effort that answers all the relevant questions. Glad they got back to you though.

Very glad to hear they did that, Brokenchip.

Very glad to hear they did that, Brokenchip.

+1 The Swedish really take their Summer holidays seriously. I’ve learned this following Teenage Engineering and Elektron over the years.

Who can blame them for wanting holidays.

More good news, my OP-1 is fixed and they are are not charging me for the repair work due to the lengthy time it took to get it onto the work bench.
Very happy with the outcome.

Nice one @Brokenchip. You must have pulled a smile like a crocodile profile when you heard back from them. It’s nice to know that the people on here could ease you somewhat and
I couldn’t help but laugh @mugwood and his 30km caper.

@Brokenchip - I see you edited the thread title, but you probably should change the “No” to a “Yes”.

CB

@cloudburst fixed

:slight_smile: CB