Is there a new OS coming? what are the synths?

Flicking through the presets and Im getting tired of hearing the same sound as a starting block. Is it possible to change the initial sound of the factory presets?

Flicking through the presets and Im getting tired of hearing the same sound as a starting block. Is it possible to change the initial sound of the factory presets?

https://op1.fun/

I don’t think so. But if you shift 1-8 instead of shift T1, you get more options. It would be nice to change the defaults

A user here made init patches. Super useful when trying to make sounds from scratch.

I always though that instead of presets, it would be suitably OP1-ish if when you select a synth it would just load a ‘random patch’, where the lfo / effect are randomly chosen and all parameters for the whole patch randomly assigned. basically you select ‘string’ and get something randomly generated on the spot, every time something new.

I have to say based on my luck with the patch randomizer that that is a crapshoot. Don’t get me wrong - the tool is amazing and I’ve definitely gotten some awesome things out of it, but definitely more misses than hits.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OP1users/comments/7caiyv/i_had_a_brief_talk_with_a_teenage_engineering_at/

That’s great to hear

https://www.reddit.com/r/OP1users/comments/7caiyv/i_had_a_brief_talk_with_a_teenage_engineering_at/

That’s awesome! It might just be stuff like OPZ connectivity options, but any updates are welcome.

a PO-32ish engine would be fucking rad!

New drum synth option :slight_smile:

IMO, OP-1 has enough engines for now.

What I really would like to see is a change to how Sampler works when you choose zero-length sample “tail”. Right now it immediately stops playing when you release the key. Instead, it should keep looping “body” of the sample until the envelope fully decays. I think this would be a very simple change coding-wise, but it would make Sampler way, way more powerful.

Come to think of it, Sampler is 80% there to work as a simple granular/wave-table synthesizer. What’s holding it back is the decay issue I outlined above and the fact there is no way to adjust both start and end point (with an LFO) at the same time.

Other improvement that would be cool:
- Being able to choose a single destination param for Random LFO instead of it targeting all parameters.
- Being able to explicitly set “hidden” patch parameters that Bend operates on. (Pitch, amplitude, overdrive, envelope sensitivity, I think.)
- Fix for the clicking bug on String.
- Less noise in general. Some effects add way too much noise, although many people here somehow mitigate it, because their tracks are crystal-clear.
- Sketch sequencer not retriggering the note if I have a line that starts and ends on the same height. Annoys the heck out of me.

The only fundamentally new feature I would really like to see is Key “LFO” that would adjust some parameter based on which key you’re
pressing (accounting for octaves). This would be insanely powerful when
combined with certain engines and effects. Imagine “tuning” CWO
frequency to match the note you play. Or offsetting filters this way.

Well, that and the old idea of stereo bounce from Album.

(...)
- Being able to choose a single destination param for Random LFO instead of it targeting all parameters.(...)
The only fundamentally new feature I would really like to see is Key "LFO" that would adjust some parameter based on which key you're pressing (accounting for octaves). (...)
Well, that and the old idea of stereo bounce from Album.

Good Points!
Especially the single target on random lfo would be great.