Keyboard synths with mini keys and USB Midi host capabilities

Apologies if this has already been discussed - couldn’t find a list anywhere. I’m on the look out for a synth with mini keys that will also act as a USB Midi host for my op-1. The Yamaha reface dx looks like a good candidate but I wanted to make sure I’m not missing any other options… thoughts?

Does the reface usb host? I think you need a kenton usb host adapter for that…

I have the Reface CS and it definitely does not act as a USB host.

You might be better off using a Raspberry Pi for that kind of thing. Adding a power bank for mobility if required. Should (have’t tested it) allow you to hook up more USB midi devices and route your midi anyway you please. Plus the GPIOs can be used as a regular midi interface so you can hook up non-USB stuff as well. And once you’re on the Pi you can do other stuff too, e.g. use @yoof’s back up and drum utilities or run write your own sequencers.

You might be better off using a Raspberry Pi for that kind of thing. Adding a power bank for mobility if required. Should (have't tested it) allow you to hook up more USB midi devices and route your midi anyway you please. Plus the GPIOs can be used as a regular midi interface so you can hook up non-USB stuff as well. And once you're on the Pi you can do other stuff too, e.g. use @yoof's back up and drum utilities or run write your own sequencers.

Yeah, I made that video using the RPi but I’m looking for a less DIY solution.

Yeah, I made that video using the RPi but I’m looking for a less DIY solution.

Oops, missed that, sorry.

It’s hard enough finding even a synth with USB host capabilities, but one with not only keys but mini keys? I can only think of the Futuresonus Parva as a synth with USB Host but it’s a module, no keys. Anything else I’ve seen or found is DIY

I did just find this but I can guarantee it will be horrifically expensive:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/03/30/soundmachines-intros-modulor114-eurorack-analog-modular-synthesizer/

[ … ] I did just find this but I can guarantee it will be horrifically expensive:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/03/30/soundmachines-intros-modulor114-eurorack-analog-modular-synthesizer/
According to this article it’s probably going to be in the 900USD/EUR range which is not too bad for this kind of modular set up, though I’m not an expert on that.

Organelle have usb host, but again, there is no normal keyboard, just that mapple keys.