Look is better yes or no?

It´s really cool and focused. If it´s possible to use the color scheme of the OP-1, great. If not, it´s great right now.

I like this one. Not aping the TE aesthetic is a plus point imo.

The banner is cool. I prefer the categories on the right or the bottom. it seems kinda crowded with the main section being much narrower now with the tags and categories sections. BUT it is nice to have a forum again regardless.

I think it’s the theme currently being used atm @sable, it’s something like 973px wide to be optimized for both computers and tablets iirc. @dimi3 may or may not have realized that at the time. But the good news is themes are installable and there are tons, so there’ll be things that can be done eventually. Even a totally custom theme is possible if someone was willing to put in the time and the know how.

Is it possible to add a “Preview Post” functionality?

we will be upgrading the system in the next few weeks. we are working with the host to get this right. there will be some customization tools so individuals can have discussion or categories as their main page. we will also have stronger spam blockers.

Really loving the look and all the new features! What doesn’t kill the OP community only makes it stronger!

^yup.

Love the new look!

Thanks again.

colorclash aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

yyyyyyyeeeeesssssss iiiiiiu kkkknnnnnioiwwwww!

soon

gonna leave it here until I can get the right fit!

lol…

oh, what happened to the mobile view?!!

back…

thanks, dimi. i am mainly reading this board on mobile …

Loving the new forum. Much thanks to the new crew for getting this going so quickly!

yesssssssss! soooo much better! aaaaaaahhhhhh wonderful!

Edmund

I’m very picky when it comes to aesthetics, so don’t take this too harshly, but: I liked the clean white look from last days much better. I find that the light blue background is too much, and I find the boxes / borders around each individual post very busy.

I also don’t like the difference in look between the first post of a thread, and the following posts - I feel it creates a distinction that is not important, and lessens the “collaborative feel” of the forum. Also the (minor) contrast difference between the black on light blue and black on white makes the first post (slightly) less visible than the rest of the posts.

Don’t take this the wrong way, I think it’s great that you tweak the looks to get it better - I really like a nice clean look, and compared to many other forums this is definitely much better (gearslutz :shudder: ).

I agree with @stalwerk. (Including the gearslutz comment!) nice to have a clean looking forum though!

Whilst I’ll take the forum as it is, it’s more about ease of use and the awesome OP-1 community, I have to say I’m not a fan of the current design.

In particular it’s the blue header area with the white banner. It makes me think I’m looking at a facebook page with a big banner advert at the top.

No idea how tweakable the theme is but I’d like to see the forum quite minimal and subtle like the design of the OP-1 itself - strip it right back.

Sorry, but you did ask for a design crit and my day-job is a creative director and designer :stuck_out_tongue: