Mfb Dom1 sequencer

Just posted this over on elektronauts.com, posting here too in case @mixrasta or @daisy can check/confirm. Thanks :slight_smile:

Any Dom1 owners able to help me out and confirm a couple of behaviors with sequencer?

When I hit ‘start’ there is a varied lag. Like sometimes it’ll start instant and on the beat and all cool. But very often it’s very slightly delayed and I’m screwed…

Also when programming steps I seem to get a lag when I input notes, from memory it’s like the note ‘sounds’ on ‘note off’. Instead of when I hit it. Normal?

Kind of bummed on the sequencer so far. Seems unusable without midi clock/sync… I often like to jam loose sequencer ideas in to daw/OT and just sync by tempo… Not possible here atm without using an external sequencer :frowning:

Thanks

I have exactly the same behavior both with start and programming the sequencer. It took me awhile but now I live fine with it. Even at least Finger on the Op 1 doesn’t always start on time. I think it’s even normal and has sth to do with keeping the sync.

I have exactly the same behavior both with start and programming the sequencer. It took me awhile but now I live fine with it. Even at least Finger on the Op 1 doesn't always start on time. I think it's even normal and has sth to do with keeping the sync.

Thanks for confirming its not an issue just with mine. The often lag on manual sequence ‘start’ is a shame :frowning: maybe they can tighten it up in a future update…

Also, I really wish the sequencer could be triggered/gated by key like on OP Endless. My Analog Keys doesn’t have this option either and it just seems like an obvious feature. Guess it’s a lot harder to build it in to analog step sequencers than it is to code it in to the OP?

I don’t even have the recent update on my Dominion ; ) The Sequencer is quite simple but polyphonic, would be cool to have it key triggered. But… I just try to use it how it is.

I don't even have the recent update on my Dominion ; ) The Sequencer is quite simple but polyphonic, would be cool to have it key triggered. But... I just try to use it how it is.

Yeah just a personal workflow thing. I normally have ‘10 minutes of free time’ sessions which results in amassing a lot of sequences/half-ideas etc and then if I hit a wall in a proper session with a song in daw or OT I sometimes go through banks on hardware and see if anything works, no midi sync, just tempo. Often means transposing and Fiddling around with different notes/phrasings of the sequence. Op endless is great for this kind of off the cuff auditioning but obvs has no memory bank :confused:

I think this is a quirk in the sequencer, it’ll hopefully be fixed sometime. I’m willing to live with it for now as the Dominions one of my favourites.

I think this is a quirk in the sequencer, it'll hopefully be fixed sometime. I'm willing to live with it for now as the Dominions one of my favourites.

Yep I’m loving Dom1 so far too :slight_smile: hard to make it sound bad!

I whish I’d be a professional player and just carrying it to my event under my arm and use it as a Liveinstrument like Manfred Mann or Herbie!

You can also check this german forum, some of them probably speak English too

http://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/search.php?keywords=dominion+1

This dude has some pretty nice jam vids with Dom1 involved. This one has modular using Osc 3 while he plays bass on the keys. Modular is a conflicting proposition to me… Looks like a lot of fun but so much work and visual mess (kind of beautiful tho…) also. Not sure my brain could deal with it.

His ‘jam 3’ vid is worth checking out too. Haven’t watched the others yet…

https://youtu.be/cqxe_RMXw5A

Nice video, he has a lot of cool stuff there. I’d like to use the Spectralis once ; )

Nice video, he has a lot of cool stuff there. I'd like to use the Spectralis once ; )

Yeah Spectralis is a definite ‘want’ :wink:

Just been messing with Dom1 for half hour. Noticed another weird/annoying sequencer behavior. If I have a sequence running, when I press ‘shift’ in prep to transpose the sequence there’s an audible glitch in pitch…like I press ‘shift’ and for that very brief second it pitches down or up. Could you guys do me a big favour please and check on yours if you get the same thing? Thanks!
I tried it with a few patches and different sequences and it was consistent. Didn’t have time to switch it off/on and see if that fixed it. Will look again tonight.

@mixrasta @daisy i’d really appreciate if you can confirm whether you guys get this weird pitch glitch when pressing ‘shift’ while onboard sequencer is playing? FWIW I only noticed it today while using a longer sound and doing lots of transposing. Before when I was using short plucked sound and very few transpositions it wouldn’t have been so prominent. But it’s Def there almost every time I press shift. Thanks