Mic Gain minimum level is too hot

@ludicrouSpeed has a point here and he’s not trolling or being negative. If we could be provided with adequate fine grained control over pre-amp gain of the OP-Z mic, then surely that would be a good thing for all of us.

CB

2 Likes

I kind of feel like it’s the opposite, a lot of TE hate here. or people thinking this is a TE support forum, run by TE.

Anyways, microphone feedback is hard to avoid, and I would guess it’s harder to avoid when using something that is technically not a microphone by itself? and what kind of system are you running the OP-Z into?

Is not even really a microphone, is just a nice added bonus, is not like a sm58 or something.

1 Like

Arguably you might have to run a small mixer/external mic pre and use the OP-Z as a send effect? - you will need a good way of breaking out the TRRS (TRRRS?) jack so you can get the L/R out as well as the Mic in. Sparkfun has a breakout board you could use for this.

I understand this is another work around but that would give you the most routing options presently available.

Thankyou for being the voice of reason here.

What you said is the totality of what I’m saying, and is just a self evident statement.

I reckon anyone reading this thread who has a bit of knowledge about gain and feedback (& common sense) will see that too.

I don’t have anything further to add at this time. I have (slightly) better things to do than put forward excellent points that are promptly responded to by KJA & his gang slathered in non-sequiter aborations :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for the workaround suggestion :slight_smile: <3 that’s valid AF

Hey! I never said you weren’t right, I was just trying to come up with solutions that might help you…

I just finally upgrade my opz so I could sample, so I started trying to sample but I kept getting crazy loud feedback at any input level…light bulb on, oh yeah I have feedback because…Volume level was to high. Felt like a knucklehead Lol…volume to down feedback gone

I’m glad you could resolve your issue wee. A bit different to my issue in the OP though.

Well, I’ll extend you the olive branch of doubt benefit :rofl::man_shrugging:

They made the mic gain like that deliberately…it’s all in the limitations man.
And because TE did it deliberately it’s cool. EMBRACE THE DOUBLE-TRIGGER!
:joy:

sorry…I had to troll.

1 Like