microtuning the pitch to a different setting than A=440Hz during live-play?

Is there any way for the OP-1 to microtune/adjust the pitch of all notes, so you can match the pitch of other music instruments?

Like changing the pitch of A=440Hz to A=432Hz, permanently, without having to hold some keys? Some synths have a MIDI SysEx for this.

Just to be clear, my request is different form the octave pitch shift bending (which is a variable pitch and requires to hold the shift + octave key).
Also, this is not about changing the pitch of a recorded tape, but during live play.
Thanks!
1 Like

Yeah, try shift + metronome, there you can microtune the pitch of the synths. (requires the lastest OS I think)

Thanks vehka, that works for me!

432Hz rulez

how much do you need to detune on the op1 to get to 432hz then? I don’t have a tuner handy.

don’t worry, found it. -31 or -32 cents.

http://www.roelhollander.eu/en/432-tuning/concert-pitch-vs-tuning-system/

Yeah but that is not real microtuning. The way it is implemented now makes no real difference tbh it’s just detune… you can’t readily do a different microtuning unless you go through the laborious task of detuning and playing note for note and then dropping it into the sampler. Bummer though this would make the op-1 quite a “ethnic” gem. It’s all digital so I suppose it shouldn’t be too hard to program something to tune individual notes and save a preset. They really should expand the detune menu.

You could do that with the drum sampler @Erhenius, just record the scale you need and then drop it in the drum sampler.

You could do that with the drum sampler @Erhenius, just record the scale you need and then drop it in the drum sampler.

Yeah that’s also what I said in my post, but it is quite a task to do it and gimps the sound considerably.

In the drum sampler you have 12 seconds space, 1 octave has 12 notes. 12/12 = 1 seconds. Considering the sampler does not give you the ability to assign separate loop points you are stuck with a note lengths of 1 second (not to mention the ADSR that comes with the Drum Sampler).
Depending on the temperament you are trying to achieve you can get away with just sampling a few root tone, semitone and pitch shift them in the drum sampler. So you might get away with sampling much fewer notes.
TBH I have never tried doing this, So this is all based on my experience with the OP-1.

Yeah sorry for not reading your post properly! I guess I need another cup of coffee…

never mind, please add a ‘delete post’ in this forum :slight_smile:

It would really be nice to be able to use temperaments other than equal temperament.

It would really be nice to be able to use temperaments other than equal temperament.

+1