mini-jack recording into DAW, quality enough?

Hey, Im new here, just a quick and simple question, Ive looked up this but couldnt find something satisfiying:

Is the mini-jack output good enough for recording out of Op-1?

It might sound stupid, but I just couldnt trust the mini-jack yet… I tend to record directly in to the DAW sometimes and just wanted to be sure…
Im recording through a mini-jack to Jack into a Fireface 400 interface…

thanks!

Welcome! The output from the OP-1 is fine for recording, yes.

I use it all the time - one recommendation is to turn the volume on the OP-1 all the way up when running it into your DAW.

You can also use the disk mode and transfer the files directly to your hard drive, in this way you skip the D/A from the OP-1, the A/D on your Fireface conversion and the possible loss of quality of the copper wire inside the analog cable

I use it all the time - one recommendation is to turn the volume on the OP-1 all the way up when running it into your DAW.

This is really important. especially with recording from a headphone output. make sure that from the ground up, all your sounds are as loud as they can: http://www.basic-home-recording-studio.com/gain-staging.html

Great, thanks for the help!

This is really important. especially with recording from a headphone output. make sure that from the ground up, all your sounds are as loud as they can: http://www.basic-home-recording-studio.com/gain-staging.html

Sure but the OP1 also clips internally very easily, which can quickly make things sound crap. There are several places you can change volume digitally before the physical knob, so play around with settings to see what sounds best. You’ll quickly get a sense of how far you can push it before that nasty digital noise starts rearing its head.

The Orange level on Tape page is where to turn down if the synth/drums are distorting.This is the one level to be careful with.
Mixer level are fine high.
Use Drive in the master for gentle level boost. 20 or less will raise level without too much compression(gain reductoon).Or go full on for a pumped sound.