Mixer/ audio interface help

Hi everyone, I am wondering if any of you can point me in the right direction regarding recording multiple inputs into my DAW (Live) and getting a good input sound.

I have a set up based around OP-1, the Volca Range, POs and a few other synths but I find I am struggling to get a decent mix. I am quite ignorant around mixing in general and tend to work through trial and error and end up with sounds that are pretty muddled.

I also really struggle to get a quality audio from the synths individually into live despite trying new cables, stripping back the set up to reduce interference etc. I use an AKAI EIE and an iconnect audio 4 but wonder if I would get better results with a mixer that I could tweak?

As I said, I’m a bit of a trial and error guy and probably need to be pointed to some tutorials around mixing. Any tips?
Thanks for reading.

I think anything you could do pre-interface could be done inside of Live. Have you played around with the EQs and other recording tools in Live?

Thanks, that’s good to know. I think I need play around a bit more. I was just worried the raw sound on the synth is not great even when there’s just one track.