Monolith

Hi folks

I just got the Monolith adapter for the OP-1(not the case due to the price) and I can´t get the USB plug to fit.

Anyone of you with same experience? any workarounds or ideas…

best

Oh no!
Mine is coming any day now. I’ll let you know. If this holds true for me I will be so disappointed. I’ve been waiting 5 weeks now. Free shipping really is worth the price.

Btw, does it sit flush? Like no extra stress on the jacks?

Well I can´t get to connect at all, so don´t know if it flush or not. The USB plug just wont go in…
I talked to the guys and they are sending me a new, so I hope it´s just this one that´s a bad.
Guess it´s another 5 weeks of waiting to give it another try.

Please let me know how your work out, thanks

Hey, been on the fence about one of these. Would love some feedback. Recently had to replace the i.o card on my OP-1, and was looking at one of these to hopefully protect it in the future. A part of me thinks it’s like putting all your eggs in one basket though. On mine, just the output was broken, which pretty much renders the OP-1 useless. But if it was the Input or USB the OP-1 would still be pretty functional. With the Monolith, my worry is if you drop it, since it’s plugged into everything, it will break EVERYTHING. I really want to know if owner get the feeling that this is really protecting their OP-1 I/O board. Thanks!!!

If it’s in the case it shouldn’t matter. However, I still don’t know bc mine hasn’t come yet:-(
My worry was more along the lines of permanently stretching out the input jacks.

sits flush, yes. of course, without the associated case there is always a risk that a drop or bang will entirely destroy your io board and monolith. I got the case and monolith after an io replacement surgery via ifixit. I am pleased, esp as in use it in a band context, where shit gets knocked around all the time.

I got my out finally! work let off for a few minutes…

The OP-1 and the Monolith clip together reasonably well there is a final push you have to give. I feel if you don’t get the case the monolith may add addition wear and tear.

I must mention, with propes! My case arrive dinged and they are sending me a new one…

If you never take it our again awesome and the gear for that is slick.

If you plan to use the monolith and connect and disconnect regularly think about where one should be disconnecting from

Thanks for the feedback dimi3! I had not been at all interested in the case, but if the case/monolith combo adds protection, I might consider it.

I really wanted the case but due to finances I can´t justify it. But my wife is a carpenter so she´s building me something to fit the monolith too. I think it´s worth to have some sort of case to integrate the combo cause if you drop it, it could easy break and leave you in a mess.

STILL waiting on mine. Sigh.
Bad news though, I’m going to sell my op-1. For one I just can’t seem to make much I like on it. Mostly, I need the money and the case combo should make it more desirable. I hope to stick around and drop a comment now and then but it might be a while before I get another op-1.

I really wanted the case but due to finances I can´t justify it. But my wife is a carpenter so she´s building me something to fit the monolith too. I think it´s worth to have some sort of case to integrate the combo cause if you drop it, it could easy break and leave you in a mess.

A wife’s that’s a carpenter, what a catch!! Good find!

If the Pendeo guys get the chance to make a second version - I’d be on that. But, it can only be successful if they do some extensive research and development on here.

@Kites, yes had to look a long time to find her.
In my house I´m the one there goes “and I want a new closet here and please build me a new studio desk there”…

gol dang. why is shipping 15 bucks for a little plastic brick?! i want one but thats a bit silly. also, i want them to release a version that is the op-1 and then to the left is the oplab… would be like that elektron sfx-6 monomachine. nice and long…

So I got my replacement Monolith that the guys at Pendeo send me and it´s a easy fit.
No problems this time and all I/O seems to work. No hassle from the Pendeo guys, great costumer service.
Now I just have to get the wife to build the damn case…