My first jam [WARNING: VERY NOOB-ISH]

https://soundcloud.com/user-679103138/woof

Had a good time making this. Took me about 2 hours last night to put together. Still learning the UI. Not only is this my first arrangement on the OP-1 but really my first musical creation beyond playing with my pocket operators and my guitar.

Let me know what you think and please provide some constructive criticism. (beyond saying it stinks) I’m a total beginner and looking for some inspiration and tips. Are there any great youtubers out there I should be watching to really learn how to make music? The hardest part is learning where to start.

Thanks for listening!

Stig

Hey Stig, first, thanks for listening to my work and commenting. As far as comments go, í like the dog sample!

Good first OP-1 track.As far as music knowledge goes…just feel your way,trust your ears.It seems good instinctually so far.Maybe practice some scales for inspo.

Thanks guys! I was up late last night working on something sick. I can’t wait to get home from work to day and get it done. If I even get done today. Two roadblocks right now. One: I need to find a good set of thunder samples (like thunder from a rainstorm) and Two: getting some strange popping on the loop section I made. It has a small pop or tick sound right at the beginning of the loop. Any tips on how to fix it?

lol hilarious. in many many ways it reminds me of loads of my first tracks that i ever made (back ten was either on a shitty cheap akai sampler or cracked fl studio).

as far as suggestions. it all sounds a bit flat and you could pretty easily add some depth with some delay or reverb.
lol hilarious. in many many ways it reminds me of loads of my first tracks that i ever made (back ten was either on a shitty cheap akai sampler or cracked fl studio).

as far as suggestions. it all sounds a bit flat and you could pretty easily add some depth with some delay or reverb.

Cool. Thanks man. I’ll upload my next track tonight or tomorrow. Way better than this one.