My PO-32 just shipped

Hello,

TE shipped my PO-32 today, two days before the expected data. :slight_smile:

If you want to be an early bird (which isn´t my case - I just want to pay less for the bundle!), maybe you can order this week and kick some beats at the weekend (at least if you live in Europe - I´m expecting one month or two to arrive here in sunny Brasil).

Mine too. Hope to receive it end of this week.

…still waiting for a shipping notice.

Please post a recording of the data transfer from the line out once you get it so we can continue analysing the modem protocol!

Please post a recording of the data transfer from the line out once you get it so we can continue analysing the modem protocol!

Perhaps a few recordings of different sounds being transferred, in order that we can work out what’s protocol overhead, what’s payload and what potentially is checksum.

CB

Everyone do an apt-get install gnuradio now :slight_smile:

@crudeoperator can that be used to decode the signal?

@GCF yes it can, try googling for Gnuradio and FSK or PSK. You need to find the exact algorithm and parameters though. The good thing is that Gnuradio already has building blocks for a lot of signal processing tasks so prototyping is easy to do.

I’m predicting a battle theme in the future.

I’m going to say I’m going to record the line out, but I’m just really going to play the SuperBase 64 cassette that I’ve had for 25 years from my Commodore 64 and I’ll infect all your PO-32’s with my Personal Discography database attempt from the early 90s! (Or was it a database of my mix tapes? Either case, it’s suburban-utah-early-199x-gold!)

Also - I ordered by PO-32 Early Magic Pre-Launch Bundle thing today. Curious about how the VST is bundled - a code in the confirmation email? Something in the physical packaging (like a bandcamp download card)?

No shipping confirmation for me yet. Are they shipping from Europe? I wonder how long it takes for orders to the states.

Ok, got a shipping confirmation. Stockholm - > Berlin

Mine should be here Tuesday. Got the notification yesterday. Bloomington, CA – > Austin, TX.

Does the microphone function as a microphone?

Does the microphone function as a microphone?

According to the documentation, AMA, and presentation videos, the mic is only for data transfer of synth parameters. It’s 100% synth, not sampling.

Curious about how the VST is bundled - a code in the confirmation email? Something in the physical packaging (like a bandcamp download card)?
Yes, there's a small card in the box with a code that you need to enter after registering at soniccharge.com/tonicnow.

That thing is fun. Definitely the best PO so far! And I haven’t touched the VST yet…

Got my PO tonic today and got to spend a few hours with it. It’s crazy fun I totally agree with @motone it’s a must have PO!!
Edit: Microtonic does work in 10.7.6 just not as a standalone plug-in. Sweet!!

:o)

Got mine too! The initial presets and effects are dope. I love how effects can be played momentarily now, instead of always recorded. That way I can lay down effects and punch in others non-destructively for fills and flavor. The accent feature is great too. It feels like something that should’ve been on the PO-12 from the start.

Time to download the editor and get lost in endless variety…

my tonic arrived yesterday… superfun! just got lost in patternarium…wow. imo best po yet.

Patternarium is genius! I think I got lost in it, and still only “rated” about 20% of content.