NAMM 2016, who's going? What's on the radar?

I’ll be at NAMM pimping noteflight

It’s not exactly relevant to what you do cuckoo, but if I run into you I will try to get a hand shake. I’ve been a fan for a while now!
Rumours that seem cool:
Korg/Arp 2600
I love the virtual synth, I toy around with it all the time. It reigns supreme in the vst domain. If it manifested into a real life object once more then I think HOT HOT HOT > CASH CASH CASH!!!!! It's a great synth to learn both modular and non-modular synthesis on. I'd definitely get more out of it being hands-on and it would free up CPU for more send/returns. Yep, I'm sold. I think it would look beautiful next to my reel-to-reel too :)

The other big hitter that may take my money would be this sampler I’ve been hearing about from Roland. Supposedly it will be able to emulate the classics and all their 12bit glory and grit, along with other sampling machines. Maybe they will sell the emulations like they do with their plug-outs? Anyway, here is a list of emulations;

Emu SP-1200
Emu Emax
Emu Emax 2
Emu ESI-32
Emu ESI-4000
Korg SDD-2000
Akai MPC-60
Akai MPC-3000
Ensoniq Mirage
Ensoniq ASR-10
Ensoniq ASR-X
Sequential Circuits Studio 440
Yamaha SU700
Casio SK-1
Casio RZ-1
Casio FZ-1
Roland W-30
Roland SP-808
Roland SP-303
Roland SP-404

And here is the thread I sourced the info from :slight_smile:

If it is true, I wonder what it will look like? It’s got to have pads, right? Roland, from what I can remember don’t do ‘screens’ but if they did then it would have to be big, bright, and beautiful to rival today’s products.

I’m sure it would be ace but I like my live set up practice which includes mangling audio live through Ableton Live, therefore I would probably get Push 2 instead. Although I have an MPC1000, Push 2 is def on my GAS list for 2016 but I’ll only buy it if I know how to use it properly. I still haven’t figured out exactly how to get the best out of my live set up: but that’s another story.

Def interested in this Roland Rumour.

I also read today that the classic Roland RE-201 maybe overhauled. I saw it in ‘Attack’ - an online magazine - today. They reported these reasons; Universal Audio’s plugin emulation had disappeared in recent months, it was such a classic, and now with their ACB technology something maybe bubbling on the horizon…

:confused: I bought a Boss/Roland RE-20 earlier which is based on that very same Space Echo effects unit.

I'll be at NAMM pimping noteflight

It's not exactly relevant to what you do cuckoo, but if I run into you I will try to get a hand shake. I've been a fan for a while now!

Cool, you kidding? I love notation software! I recently bought an iPad pro, and couldn’t resist buying the app Notion. In my late teens I wrote a few violin piano sonatas, a string quartet, some work for mixed choirs etc. What booth are you in? I’ll be in in Haken Audio’s booth a lot, helping them a bit, booth 5014. Pretty close to Moog, Elektron etc.

Here is the new Korg, looks neat-o!

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2016/01/new-korg-minilogue-four-voice-analog.html

Minilogue looks awesome. White!

How rad is that OLED oscilloscope?
Very OP-1 ish

Fingers crossed it sounds good.

People really seem to like 4 voice analogs. DSI, Elektron, Akai, now Korg… Hell, the MS2000 was a four voice VA and so was the OG Nord Lead!

Real curious to see if those “teaser” TE pics yield fruit.

Real curious to see if those "teaser" TE pics yield fruit.

@KrisM where???

Real curious to see if those "teaser" TE pics yield fruit.

@KrisM where???

yes @KrisM where!!!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAZk8lfK6xC/

They just posted they will be there with a pic of their location on the floor plan.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAZk8lfK6xC/

They just posted they will be there with a pic of their location on the floor plan.
</blockquote they are there every year new products or not. I was thinking shadowy image with some slogan like "the future of synthing". So close to namm and not one countdown clock!

Yeah, where’s our martini glass this year!? Hehe.

To be honest, it would be awesome if they were just dead quiet about it and then just turned up with something crazy for us :slight_smile:

Hopefully they are using the “under-commit, over-deliver” model. But yes, I haven’t seen anything that suggests they are for sure delivering something to this NAMM.

They are for sure delivering something new at NAMM. But that’s all I know. Nothing about WHAT it is

I suppose KrisM could also be talking about all of the previous Instagram pics showing items that TE was developing. I trust they will deliver something too. New FW would be great. More POs also great. New musical device otherwise would be spectacular!

Minilogue looks awesome. White!

How rad is that OLED oscilloscope?
Very OP-1 ish

On an analog device? Interesting. I always wondered why most digital synths do not have a built-in oscilloscope window. Aside from possible performance issues with visualization they should be trivial to implement. (Of course, OP-1 has something that looks like an oscilloscope on DBox and DSynth, which is one of the many neat things about it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuZpEtZF-hg !

There will indeed be new products from TE at NAMM as Jesper just confirmed it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAgOyW0uz5n/