New Akai Force - thoughts?

Anyone else see this yet? Looks like Ableton is going standalone with help from Akai. I can definitely see the appeal. Thoughts?

op-1 kenobi and the force?!

https://force.akaipro.com/

Wow does look next generation.
Iā€™m still getting use to separates like octatrack with op-1, plus korg products KP3s etc.
Be interested in those Air effects. (If it had multi band distortion with/expander Iā€™d be very excited :))

2 Likes

looks cool. But it also makes me think about other products like the push 1 and the pioneer xdj-rx that were quickly replaced with the push 2 and the xdj-rx2. I might hold out for version 2 with a smaller footprint or faders like apc, and larger movable screen like the MPC-x.

3 Likes

I have a MPC Live and OP-1 and love that I can use them both untethered. I was about to pre order but it not being battery powered was a hard pass for me. Such a little thing but about half my composition time is in my car or at coffee shops where outlets are unavailable other unreliable.

2 Likes

Dude i get it. Ever since i got the op-1, most of my production time is spent ā€œunpluggedā€. I gassed over this product for like 2 hours before i was over it. Its a nice bit, butā€¦

2 Likes

It looks like a lot of the same features are coming to the MPC Live in a few weeks. V2.4 firmware upgrade with I think 12 new air plugs from pro tools it saysā€¦I canā€™t wait. 2.3 was great already.

1 Like

Also, as of now, the Force will launch with no sample chopping, nor song mode.

3 Likes

Ya, it looks like a dud. Or maybe a hit for live performers who donā€™t want to take a laptop (which could possibly be MUCH smaller and lighter than the Force) lol

2 Likes

But youā€™d need a laptop w/ a controller to have the same versatility, so thereā€™s that.

3 Likes

I agree 100%ā€¦but mpk mini is dirt cheap iā€™d bet compared to the Force.

The best answer is ā€˜its not for meā€™ I guess.

Iā€™m so hyped over this update!!! They give details here. Super stoked about the new AIR channel strip. Much needed for my flow.