New FW Sampler issue?

Hi Guys,

Not sure if what i’m experiencing is a bug.

Loaded the new official firmware (Nov 2016) on my OP-1 and was trying to capture some samples. Using the Drum function, recording via Line In.

After I record a sample, my OP-1 perpetually gets stuck on the RECORD OK! screen.

It won’t ever change even if i press a keyboard key.

If I press a different function key (synth or tape for example), it will get me out of that screen. But the sample is lost.

Has anyone encountered this too?

My unit behaves completely normal during this procedure using firmware 218

Actually, I haven’t been able to see a RECORD OK! screen ever, maybe because it goes away immediately?

I just got mine and learned to use the sampler function, I get the “record ok!” screen but it goes away and the waveform for editing the loop screen comes up immediately after.

Many here might suggest just reseting it to factory and reinstalling the #218 OS.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I ended up doing a full system test (checked out OK) and went ahead with a factory reset. It did not fix the issue, so I proceeded to reinstall 218. But the problem is still there. I sent TE an email about it so hopefully they will have some ideas.

i thought i had a problem like you but it was in the synth engine, allways ended up in the RECORD OK! screen so what i did was factory reset then went online and READ the online guide again (reminder@myself=ffsRTFM) seems like did not do it the right way (@myself=FOCUS) !
After i did the 12.4 and 12.5 i found out that i made a mistake by not doing it like i was told by the guide so as a punishment i went and sampled in from all sources 25 times on synth 25 times on drum 25 times on tape … now i won’t be doing it wrong again or will i?
so maybe this helps :smiley:

i thought i had a problem like you but it was in the synth engine, allways ended up in the RECORD OK! screen so what i did was factory reset then went online and READ the online guide again (reminder@myself=ffsRTFM) seems like did not do it the right way (@myself=FOCUS) !
After i did the 12.4 and 12.5 i found out that i made a mistake by not doing it like i was told by the guide so as a punishment i went and sampled in from all sources 25 times on synth 25 times on drum 25 times on tape ..... now i won't be doing it wrong again or will i?
so maybe this helps :D
Arg. You are right. I was doing it wrong. As well as TE explaining to me to do it as mentioned in the manual, which admittedly I did not read in favor of watching other people do it on youtube. My new motto for 2017 will be RTFM! Sorry guys, and thanks for the help :)

@Brian_Westfield :smiley:

dnt beat urself up 2 hard as u can c sh.t happens 2 other ppl (me) too.
:DDDDDD
happy 2017 btw