New OP-1 died 2 minutes in. Suggestions?

Thanks for your responses here guys. I really appreciate them. I am in the process of charging my Op-1 back up. When I switch it on I will;

1. Remove the USB cable
  2. Hold down COM when I turn it on
  3. Hope and prey that this works

@HisMostDarxxxellent Any luck?

@motone
It didn’t work *grabs tissue box and plays sad violin music

I’m happy to report back that my “ordeal” is over. Just luck of the draw, I got one the that had a congenital flaw. I did one more full battery cycle before I sent it back, got it to boot into TE-Boot, and kicked off a factory reset. It crashed (and wouldn’t come back on) while initializing the record files. That’s not supposed to happen.

It’s replacement is great! It has had no issues yet (knock on wood) in several hours of operation. In learning my way around I’ve fallen in love with the sampler and sequencers… Never created anything quite like the little track I cranked out in a few hours last weekend. I can’t wait until I get a chance to sit down with it again!

Hang in there. The week and a half I waited was pretty painful, but it’s worth sticking it out! Great fun to be had!

Oh! I get to replace my saddest-bunny-ever user icon now! My my new happier bunny icon bring you hope during your struggles.

Oh! I get to replace my saddest-bunny-ever user icon now! My my new happier bunny icon bring you hope during your struggles.

Nice one BigEars! Love the name!

My update: I sat and pondered the idea of a suggestion by TE to fix the problem myself. They said I should buy a new DSP board and I did it last night. They provided me with a link on how to carry out the procedure and it looks simple enough however I don’t have a lot of experience in this field. Has anyone else done this? Are there any other things that I should watch out for? Any other advice you guys can think of?

@HisMostDarxxxellent Unfortunately I haven’t opened up an OP-1 myself, so I can’t give specific advice. There are some decent pics on ifixit’s site for replacing other parts though, so that might be of help.

I’m curious, how much did TE charge for the DSP board? That’s one of the few parts not available from ifixit.

Ahhhh I see. ifixit - that’s the link they gave me, thanks @imabuddha

Sounds like I should make a video of this and pop it up on YouTube.
I’ll have an old DSP board that I’ll take offers for - the funnier the better. I like Branston Pickle and I can’t buy it here in Japan.
TE sold me a new board for $100 or $120… something like that. If it’s not ok to divulge that info then could someone kindly let me know, thank you.