New OP-1 Parent Advice?

Hi everyone! I’m a first time owner of a new OP-1 and I’m super excited but was wondering if y’all had any advice or trick for first time owners(How to treat it, some handy tips, etc.) Thanks for any input!

First time owner as well. I was having problems with my battery indicator always showing low battery or just a random value. Let the tape play until it died and charged it for a few hours while leaving the power switch on. Cleared right up. Just a tip if you run into that :slight_smile:

Ow man, I thought you were asking for tips on how to use OP-1 with kids, but you are asking for general advice. There is a lot of general and specific advice here. Just go into tips and tricks and try everything. Otherwise, watch the Cuckoo OP 1 playlist or the Red means recording playlist on youtube. Great tip: forget about books.

If you want tips to use OP1 with kids, first show them how much fun it is by sampling weird sounds they make into the drum kit sampler, quickly adjust a couple of common positions (kick, hh and snare) and then use the finger sequencer. Then teach them to be gentle with electronic devices and always store them carefully when you are done. Expect attention span of about 5 minutes and you will not be disappointed. Know and learn to play their favorite songs. Over and over.

@okeribok said:
If you want tips to use OP1 with kids, first show them how much fun it is by sampling weird sounds they make into the drum kit sampler, quickly adjust a couple of common positions (kick, hh and snare) and then use the finger sequencer. Then teach them to be gentle with electronic devices and always store them carefully when you are done. Expect attention span of about 5 minutes and you will not be disappointed. Know and learn to play their favorite songs. Over and over.

Sorry, more tips for kids - they LOVE tombola. Or at least mine did. And twiddling knobs.