New OP-Z firmware 1.1.17

They haven’t fixed the “broken” content mode. And because of this even the config features can not be used at all.

it‘s working fine as usual. but when you remove the chorus on the master track it won‘t disappear with its function.
Transfer and everything is tight.

@rudolphrapid said:
They haven’t fixed the “broken” content mode. And because of this even the config features can not be used at all.

Come on TE please, Windows is the most popular OS!

1 Like

@Jee said:

@rudolphrapid said:

Come on TE please, Windows is the most popular OS!

If it was a Windows issue (or Mac or any other OS) how could we update the firmware on OP-Z (as it also relies on ejecting the device) :wink: It seems that TE intentionally switched content mode off for some reason.

If it was a Windows issue (or Mac or any other OS) how could we update the firmware on OP-Z (as it also relies on ejecting the device) :wink: It seems that TE intentionally switched content mode off for some reason.

In upgrade mode, if your device|computer doesn’t eject the OP-Z after copying it to the root folder and ejecting it, you can press play and will trigger the reboot and therefore the upgrade of the firmware.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t work in content mode

@paletochen said:
In upgrade mode, if your device|computer doesn’t eject the OP-Z after copying it to the root folder and ejecting it, you can press play and will trigger the reboot and therefore the upgrade of the firmware.

I also experience the broken content mode (ejecting the device it doesn’t reboot). However by firmware upgrade the ejection successfully triggered the device to reboot by both 1.1.12 ans 1.1.17.

@paletochen said:

This works for me in content mode after installing 1.1.17. Frustratingly trying to update the new param setting I managed to hit the play button by mistake and it triggered the reboot.

Sorry for crazy forum spam (in other threads), I’m just a bit excited by “fixing” a super annoying bug by mistake.

Ok, I WAS WRONG with my above statement. Content mode is not switched off. Pressing play button after ejecting the device makes OP-Z reload the changed content. I wasn’t aware of this feature before.

This works for me in content mode after installing 1.1.17. Frustratingly trying to update the new param setting I managed to hit the play button by mistake and it triggered the reboot.

Sorry for crazy forum spam (in other threads), I’m just a bit excited by “fixing” a super annoying bug by mistake.

Ha!

That’s right! I just tested it in 1.1.17 and finally works.
What a great added feature.

I upgraded the firmware last night but didn’t have the need to use the content mode so, didn’t even think of trying it :wink:

Thanks for confirming we now have a safe way to eject the OP-Z with any computer|device

Anyone else notice that the battery seems to last longer, or at least the battery status reporting may be more accurate? I’ve used it for about two hours and it’s still at ~75%; before the update, two hours of use would take it down to about 50%…

@pselodux said:
Anyone else notice that the battery seems to last longer, or at least the battery status reporting may be more accurate? I’ve used it for about two hours and it’s still at ~75%; before the update, two hours of use would take it down to about 50%…

same here - spent several hours with the updated zee connected to the app and ended up with battery at ~70%

battery seems to last longer yes!

Same here, battery last longer ! Close to the 6 hours as promised.

Glad the content mode fix is there. Has anyone noticed if it gets less laggy with the app? Still haven’t crashed the Z(except when I tried to connect to my OP1) but I did notice that after awhile using the app it(the app) got really laggy

Carefull with volume knob once you updated. They tweaked the volume settings, and it will be very loud if you put it like you use to before (that’s what I did… ouch my ears).

i got strange behaviour since this update. when i turn the opz on, first there is no sound at all. then when i switch back and forth between projects and patterns at some point sound will start coming out of the internal speaker (although i have headphones plugged in) and when i switch projects once more, i finally get sound through the headphones…

has someone compared the misprinted units with the newly arrived ones?
I do have a feeling that the buttons look like more flat ones, looks so accurate on every photo etc. somebody with both units? @cuckoo maybe?

After the frirmware update, the glitchy sound when turning the volume knob is gone, but the headphone level is really high now, it is quite difficult to set it to a low level, as the threshold to completely shut the sound off is quite finicky.

@geesbert said:
After the frirmware update, the glitchy sound when turning the volume knob is gone, but the headphone level is really high now, it is quite difficult to set it to a low level, as the threshold to completely shut the sound off is quite finicky.

Holy crap, yes, it’s really REALLY loud now, almost burst my eardrums at the usual position I turn the volume knob to.