New Pocket Operators?

Good for you, @ghostly606. Still, it feels like you have never played with a PO-12 or a PO-32… Have you ?

Cause the sound is really big : put it on any sound system, and even more with some distorsion pedals, it’s extremely impressive what you can get out of it.
And the interface is such a joy to play with.
Now you need two hands, for sure, so while you’re rocking the PO you don’t do anything else (or with your feet, maybe).
But it’s SUCH FUN. Extremely well conceived ! You really have the Nintendo Game & Watch feeling, they nailed it :slight_smile:

https://soundcloud.com/malstrom/happy-new-gear
Good for you, @ghostly606. Still, it feels like you have never played with a PO-12 or a PO-32.

I had a PO12 but not the PO32. Agreed, the sound on the PO12 was huge (and I’ve liked the sound of the others), I just didn’t like the interface.

I like the PO’s but not as much as some do, again the interface is a bit fiddly for me, love the sounds but don’t use them as much as other portables like Volca etc.

I love the damn things, theyve won me over. My wife got me the 32 for christmas and I had em all by my birthday last week. For a guy like me, who cant hold a musical idea for more than five seconds, they are perfect. Ive recorded more music in the last month than in the last two decades. I have a LOT of music in my head, but the process of setting up, booting up, setting tempo, arming a track, etc… destroys my creativity. With these guys, its grab and go to work. Also, in the past, if I did manage to get a musical idea to tape or disk, I was to scared to tinker with it for fear of spoiling it. Not so with the po’s, I make and destroy like a god with hemmoroids! Lol! Just badass little things. So far, the robot is my fave. The Tonic goes in and out favoritism depending on what Ive got it loaded up with, and the arcade rocks my world a bit too. Hell, I like em all… even the office.

I dig the interface as well. I come from guitar, fingerpicking and jazz… Ive got busy fingers. Ive been playing guitar for 30+ years now and I still dont fully understand the layout of the notes on the fretboard. I can name you any note if given a second, but I cant intuit them. The buttons on the po feel like home… my fingers intuit that “keyboard” perfectly. Its awesome to have that feeling after years of kinda just fumbling my way through.

Im not tryin to sell ya dude, I promise. Im just excited that right here when Ive found them, theyre getting ready to have more for me to hoard… and protect… and cherish. Precious.

2 Likes
via Reddit:
Here's some info (and a photo of the boxes) in Czech: http://frontman.cz/teenage-engineering-po-novy-sampler-a-vokalni-syntezator
via Reddit:
Here's some info (and a photo of the boxes) in Czech: http://frontman.cz/teenage-engineering-po-novy-sampler-a-vokalni-syntezator

And the translation made by google translate:

PO-33 K.O! works like a classic sampler. The 40-second sampled songs can be saved as melodic and played back chromatically or as drums, allowing you to create a whole drum kit from your own sounds.

The PO-35 speaks to manufacturers as a vocal synthesizer with eight different sound characters. It sampled up to 120 seconds and the recordings can then be transposed and further edited.

Both Pocket Operators have built-in step sequencer, effects (PO-35 eight, PO-33 sixteen) and speaker. Like the other POs, they can be synchronized over the audio clock with 3.5 mm connectors, and they understand perfectly with each other, OP-1 synthesizer, or miniature colleagues from Korg Volca and other devices.Sampler and synthesizer can be used again as a clock with an alarm, and there will be no funny animations on the display. There are two AAA batteries that provide continuous monthly operation or two years of use if you sometimes turn off the power.

1 Like

GAAAAAAAASSS

<span style=“font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: italic; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>-and there will be no funny animations on the display-

…man my imagination was going crazy about a pro Interface… waveform dials etc…backlight…

…on their packaging, the animation is quirky as always but there’s a lot of hidden Info, sometimes represented differently but markable.

gimme op-z
<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>

if that translation is correct… gimme dat KO

Am I alone on this board in that I have never cared for the POs at all? I don't think I'd ever use them. I bought one for a gift for a friend and he loves it - just not for me.

Am I the only one?

No one you’re not :wink:
It’s just too much stuff, for me the OP-1 is enough…

I love the damn things, theyve won me over. My wife got me the 32 for christmas and I had em all by my birthday last week. For a guy like me, who cant hold a musical idea for more than five seconds, they are perfect. Ive recorded more music in the last month than in the last two decades. I have a LOT of music in my head, but the process of setting up, booting up, setting tempo, arming a track, etc... destroys my creativity. With these guys, its grab and go to work. Also, in the past, if I did manage to get a musical idea to tape or disk, I was to scared to tinker with it for fear of spoiling it. Not so with the po’s, I make and destroy like a god with hemmoroids! Lol! Just badass little things. So far, the robot is my fave. The Tonic goes in and out favoritism depending on what Ive got it loaded up with, and the arcade rocks my world a bit too. Hell, I like em all... even the office.

I dig the interface as well. I come from guitar, fingerpicking and jazz… Ive got busy fingers. Ive been playing guitar for 30+ years now and I still dont fully understand the layout of the notes on the fretboard. I can name you any note if given a second, but I cant intuit them. The buttons on the po feel like home… my fingers intuit that “keyboard” perfectly. Its awesome to have that feeling after years of kinda just fumbling my way through.

Im not tryin to sell ya dude, I promise. Im just excited that right here when Ive found them, theyre getting ready to have more for me to hoard… and protect… and cherish. Precious.

Where are those fancy boxes for the PO’s from?

Where’s the PO34??!!

Also yeah if that translation is correct I will prob buy these :smiley:

via Reddit:

PO-33 K.O! works like a classic sampler. The 40-second sampled songs can be saved as melodic and played back chromatically or as drums, allowing you to create a whole drum kit from your own sounds.

The PO-35 speaks to manufacturers as a vocal synthesizer with eight different sound characters. It sampled up to 120 seconds and the recordings can then be transposed and further edited.

Both Pocket Operators have built-in step sequencer, effects (PO-35 eight, PO-33 sixteen) and speaker. Like the other POs, they can be synchronized over the audio clock with 3.5 mm connectors, and they understand perfectly with each other, OP-1 synthesizer, or miniature colleagues from Korg Volca and other devices.Sampler and synthesizer can be used again as a clock with an alarm, and there will be no funny animations on the display. There are two AAA batteries that provide continuous monthly operation or two years of use if you sometimes turn off the power.

Wait I don’t understand, so they’re both samplers?

via Reddit:

Wait I don’t understand, so they’re both samplers?

Yup… the speak will be like bitspeak most likely, downgrading the sample into a robotised soundwave that’s lower quality - hence the 120sec sample time.
The other will be a more traditional sampler

1 Like

I stand corrected. Line in AND mic!

Chromatically? Can I assume that will be like the MPC sixteen levels? That would be awesome!!

Chromatically? Can I assume that will be like the MPC sixteen levels? That would be awesome!!

that would be awesome, be a nice buddy for the Sp404 to add chromatic playback

I love the damn things, theyve won me over. My wife got me the 32 for christmas and I had em all by my birthday last week. For a guy like me, who cant hold a musical idea for more than five seconds, they are perfect. Ive recorded more music in the last month than in the last two decades. I have a LOT of music in my head, but the process of setting up, booting up, setting tempo, arming a track, etc... destroys my creativity. With these guys, its grab and go to work. Also, in the past, if I did manage to get a musical idea to tape or disk, I was to scared to tinker with it for fear of spoiling it. Not so with the po’s, I make and destroy like a god with hemmoroids! Lol! Just badass little things. So far, the robot is my fave. The Tonic goes in and out favoritism depending on what Ive got it loaded up with, and the arcade rocks my world a bit too. Hell, I like em all... even the office.

They look pretty familiar ;).

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1595179

Guess I have to update the lids now.

They look pretty familiar ;).

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1595179

Guess I have to update the lids now.

Your design? Perfect!