New product from TE in January

Heard from a friend that was having a workshop with TE this week that they are planning to release a new PO in January. Anyone else knowing something about it?

Follow my instagram for more TE stuff and rumors @muhrmusic

Cheers guys!

When I spoke to them at the last NAMM they said they were doing 3 more POs and some sort master controller/mixer(??) for all 9 of them. Granted that was 11 months ago, so who knows. I have to assume they will continue to crank POs out now that they have the platform for them. Seems like a cash cow for them! Excited to see what’s next!!

id really like a more fleshed out po12;

step length, euclidean style sequencing on each channel for poly rhythm awesomeness,
fine tune on all the drum sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csNZYBBNSAY

watched some of the namm op-z vids again. seems like its gonna have the sequencing functionality i hoped for. Ill just go back to being hyped for the op-z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csNZYBBNSAY

watched some of the namm op-z vids again. seems like its gonna have the sequencing functionality i hoped for. Ill just go back to being hyped for the op-z

I’m hyped for this too. I think of it more as a super duper PO on steroids than an OP-1 junior.

When will it come? In Spring? or for Christmas…

I wonder if connected to the OP-1 it would load a whole new set of graphics into the OP?!

@jonesy_op No, but it transforms the OP-1 into a fully analogue polyphonic monster. :slight_smile:

My thoughts on the OP-Z is that it’s made to be an advanced sequencer more than a typical synthesizer. One of the things TE decided to not show yet is the ports on the backside; imagine sync modes? usb? midi? cv(?). Im truly exited for this little machine since I believe this could be something really really good.

Secondly I’m getting more and more exited for the video sequencer stuff. If they make it possible to buy animation third-party packs I would be the first to buy. Also, I guess this would be a very interesting new platform for all the talented animators out there.

Damn I’m looking forward to the OP-Z! :slight_smile:

When I spoke to them at the last NAMM they said they were doing 3 more POs and some sort master controller/mixer(??) for all 9 of them. Granted that was 11 months ago, so who knows. I have to assume they will continue to crank POs out now that they have the platform for them. Seems like a cash cow for them! Excited to see what's next!!

@sammyjams, will you be @ NAMM this year? We’re heading down and would love to connect.

Also - I agree that there’ll probably be more PO’s coming down, and the idea of a master controller is awesome. ( anyone remember that picture @djthomaswhite posted a while ago? https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ310jAAUnN).

…maybe OP-Z is a 299,- PO. and btw. the OP-1 is now capable of multitimbral midi messages, played it yesterday via the Keystep and i was able to play over the sequence without any notes cutting each other. they seem to sound at the same time. OP-Z ready i think.

looks fairly simple. splitter and volume control. prolly passive. doesnt look like something TE would make seems more DIY>

I’m crossing my bits for a PO sampler. But I just don’t see it happening.

...maybe OP-Z is a 299,- PO. and btw. the OP-1 is now capable of multitimbral midi messages, played it yesterday via the Keystep and i was able to play over the sequence without any notes cutting each other. they seem to sound at the same time. OP-Z ready i think.

Yeah I guess that’s what meant the “improved voice stealing” from the beta OS new features list… Good news!

btw, is this “299,-” pure speculation? Or maybe you know something we don’t? :slight_smile:

@steveoath my wish would be for a PO with an FM radio tuner for sampling like the OP-1. I think having line in sampling would make it too expensive, but I bet they could squeeze in a radio tuner!

@OP1ANDCHILL sadly, I won’t be attending NAMM this year after going to the last 3 in a row : ( I left the company I was working for which sent me there for work. I plan to go again someday but it will have to be on my dime. Can’t make it happen this year. Instead, I will be at work refreshing the TE store page and ordering whatever it is they come out with! Would have been great to connect with you IRL!

PO Sampler would be Killer !

And it’s TE we’re talking about… A sampler is too obvious. They’ll announce something that none of us expect, and it’ll be awesome!!

Or it could be like the latest firmware and not be seen again for another year and a half. Just throwing a healthy amount of salt in our expectations.

When I spoke to them at the last NAMM they said they were doing 3 more POs and some sort master controller/mixer(??) for all 9 of them. Granted that was 11 months ago, so who knows. I have to assume they will continue to crank POs out now that they have the platform for them. Seems like a cash cow for them! Excited to see what's next!!

@sammyjams, will you be @ NAMM this year? We’re heading down and would love to connect.

Also - I agree that there’ll probably be more PO’s coming down, and the idea of a master controller is awesome. ( anyone remember that picture @djthomaswhite posted a while ago? https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ310jAAUnN).

Awww whattup, Chill?

How are those caps treating you?
@jonesy_op No, but it transforms the OP-1 into a fully analogue polyphonic monster. :)

What you mean by this?