New Roland Portable Mixer

There you go boys! Looks like you can fill your musical making idea buckets up to the brim!

@ludicrouSpeed I can still do that for you if you’d like but by the looks of things you might as well go on Amazon!
I’ve no idea of the shipping price. For a package like this to England it would be about ¥3000 / $30 :slight_smile:

There you go boys! Looks like you can fill your musical making idea buckets up to the brim!

@ludicrouSpeed I can still do that for you if you’d like but by the looks of things you might as well go on Amazon!
I’ve no idea of the shipping price. For a package like this to England it would be about ¥3000 / $30 :slight_smile:

Thanks mate!

Amazon is quoting a max delivery time past when I leave.

Plz lemme know how I can transfer you cash :slight_smile:

DM’d :slight_smile:

wow. thing is so fucking simple. literally just plugnplay: https://www.instagram.com/p/BSjR-QcAUOW/?taken-by=juic3ciuj

wow. thing is so fucking simple. literally just plugnplay: https://www.instagram.com/p/BSjR-QcAUOW/?taken-by=juic3ciuj

nice. It took me a few moments to realize, that it’s actually a direct recording, not the microphone of the camera

That’s awesome @drybones. For $99 it’s practically a no-brainer :o)

Nice! I’ve been waiting for this Roland thing to come out for a while. But also - nice sounds out of the OP-1. I kept trying to force those kinds of sounds out of the FM engine and man I was wrong! Didn’t think to try the… whatever engine that is . :slight_smile: (it’s so rare that I use that one)

For those that picked one of these up…

• How long is the lightning cable? The Roland website photos make it look comically short.
• Can you still use the apple USB adapter/CCK with a standard Micro-USB cable? It’s nice to be able to charge my iPhone while recording.

Thanks in advance!

hey, i didn’t measure the cables but they’re not very long, not surprisingly short? about the length of a regular phone chargine cable. the connection on the box is micro usb and it comes w/two cables one is micro to micro (for connecting to android) and one is micro to lightning (for connecting to apple).

Nice! I’ve been waiting for this Roland thing to come out for a while. But also - nice sounds out of the OP-1. I kept trying to force those kinds of sounds out of the FM engine and man I was wrong! Didn’t think to try the… whatever engine that is . :slight_smile: (it’s so rare that I use that one)

thx bud! i honestly feel like those are just about the only kinds of sounds i ever get out of that engine (is it bad that i’ve had an op1 going on 3 years and don’t know the names of the engines except for string?)

That one is Phase. I can’t keep them all straight either except for the obvious ones in the display like FM and String (and DNA, I guess)

Thanks @drybones!

This would be super useful for me! Am I correct in thinking the monitor out would be an appropriate place to plug headphones into?

I wish it had panning controls for the instrument input!

This would be super useful for me! Am I correct in thinking the monitor out would be an appropriate place to plug headphones into?

yes!

I wish it had panning controls for the instrument input!

hmm… i haven’t done anything that complicated so i’m not sure whether or not it’s an issue ;O

Anyone know where I can get a longer cable for this guy (to hook up to my iphone)? I’m having trouble finding a cable of the same type. The one the Go Mixer came with is pretty short…

Anyone know where I can get a longer cable for this guy (to hook up to my iphone)? I'm having trouble finding a cable of the same type. The one the Go Mixer came with is pretty short...

Try monoprice.com! I buy all my cables there, great quality, super low prices!

Honestly, I haven’t had the chance to use mine since getting it :confused: It’s a really nice bit of kit, though, well made and the tiny short test I did with my iPhone shooting video connected to my OP-1 was perfect and easy to use. Well worth the money.