Newbie question OP-1 and iphone.

Hi all!
I have just ordered the OP-1 so right I haven’t got it yet. I using my iphone or ipad for making music and I’m wondering if anyone of you use the iphone/ipad to record the OP-1. The iphone/ipad is not limited to 4 tracks and the op-1 tape recorder seem a little difficult to operate. Thank you.

The op-1 tape is essentially it’s strongest asset and what sets it apart imo. The people I know who don’t gel with it tend to not have the OP-1 around long. I hope it’s a different case for you, it would be a number for you to not enjoy the OP-1. I’d suggest delving as deep as you can into the tape, despite it maybe being frustrating at first.

Here’s an overview of using Looperverse to do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBADYxGJ5QE

The op-1 tape is essentially it's strongest asset and what sets it apart imo. The people I know who don't gel with it tend to not have the OP-1 around long. I hope it's a different case for you, it would be a number for you to not enjoy the OP-1. I'd suggest delving as deep as you can into the tape, despite it maybe being frustrating at first.

Thank you I will do that. I ordered the op-1 because it could work as a standalone unit and if I’m not using the tape it wounldn’t be standalone. So it makes a lot of sense learning the tape.

Here's an overview of using Looperverse to do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBADYxGJ5QE

Thank you!

a naive question - but how do you set up the op1 to feed into the app? - thank you.

(ps from what i can see here - somehow the line out or headphone out from op1 is going to the line in for the ipad - is that right? but i’m missing that part - please assume an apple camera connection kit - but still missing how that works here for line into the ipad)

@mcvons you need an audio interface too feed op-1 audio to ipad

It took a while to find the right method for sending audio from OP-1 to iPad until I ran into the fine folks on this forum who recommended this https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI
And by golly, it bloody works a marvel.

****apple camera adapter kit, little mini jack cable, earphones and iOS based DAW not included. Terms and conditions apply, al as read the small print, consult your doctor if you feel giddy with excitement ****

@hiabex said:
It took a while to find the right method for sending audio from OP-1 to iPad until I ran into the fine folks on this forum who recommended this https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI
And by golly, it bloody works a marvel.

well that’s cool - another naive question -

with the interface - do you take a stereo out cable from the headphone jack of op1 and split it into the L/R inputs for the behringer??

tnk u

@Fattigman said:
@mcvons you need an audio interface too feed op-1 audio to ipad

thanks for that confirmation - do you have a fave?

@mcvons : yes, that’s correct, cheap phono cable with mini jack from op-1 to Behringer, then Behringer usb to iPhone camera kit. As setups go, it’s easy, relatively cheap and requires no other parts. I use GarageBand iOS and it records perfectly into that. Many Op-1 users swear that the tape function is worth sticking with, but it doesn’t harm to have a DAW based arrangement option if that’s what you’re used to. There are midi options too but in the context of your original question, just to record audio directly to iPhone/iPad , this is one of the most cost effective solutions

@mcvons I use the irig hd but it’s mono only. I use it because I want a small portable interface.

@hiabex said:
@mcvons : yes, that’s correct, cheap phono cable with mini jack from op-1 to Behringer, then Behringer usb to iPhone camera kit.
Looking foreward to giving this a go.

As setups go, it’s easy, relatively cheap and requires no other parts.

Also light and not powered - can get that to the ipAd w CCK most like

I use GarageBand iOS and it records perfectly into that.
cool

Many Op-1 users swear that the tape function is worth sticking with, but it doesn’t harm to have a DAW based arrangement option if that’s what you’re used to.

That’s the reason for me for sure. ANd that looperverse seems very cool.

There are midi options too but in the context of your original question, just to record audio directly to iPhone/iPad , this is one of the most cost effective solutions

Thank you sounds ideal for travel light solution

m.c.

@Fattigman said:
@mcvons I use the irig hd but it’s mono only. I use it because I want a small portable interface.

v.cool - but the op is mono as well is it not - sends to both l and r but is just mono out?

i was looking at the irig hd (2 now, i think) - and likewise seems very sweet for a very light-weight approach. THank you for the time.

-m.c.