OP-1 Battle #73: “soundtrack // transmission” - VOTING

Here are the submissions for battle #73.

@kln: “Or just cause”

@ssam: “Vite”

@lazaruz4: “Los Angeles - 4th of July 2020”

Thank you for participating, I am conscious I totally messed up with the brief, but you did good :slight_smile:
Operators, please cast your vote by Sunday evening!

• @kln: “Or just cause”
  • @ssam: “Vite”
  • @lazaruz4: “Los Angeles - 4th of July 2020”

0 voters

1 Like

My own vote goes to @ssam! I really dig the mix of melodic and experimental sounds. Around 1:16 you really manage to create some tension that goes well with the video lo-fi picture…
Well done!

1 Like

All good submissions. Enjoyed immensely.

2 Likes

Would have loved to have entered but could not make the time for this audacious Battle! Finally got a week off from work and spent a good chunk of it just relaxing but also contending with the fact that our new dog has seizures :\ medication has been helpful and she’s a sweet handful (pit bull/Staffordshire Terrier mix)

My vote goes to @ssam for aurally capturing & intertwining with the melting quality of the visuals!

Best,
psound74

1 Like

Congratulations @ssam: next battle brief is yours!

It would be very cool if you could also post a non OP-1 oriented brief as the Open Battle #2: I do hope we manage to let it succeed at some point ^^

Thank you to all participants and voters :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks all! I will have a brief ready in a few weeks. I have an idea already.

2 Likes

When is the next Battle?

Just wondering.

Battle winners get to pick the next prompt. Might be any day now last battle finished not too long ago. @ssam was the lucky operator.

1 Like

It’s going to take me a little while to set up the next battle, but i hope in a couple of weeks!

for those who crave a project, while we wait for official rules…interim battle, 73.5?

rules = needs to be recorded, mixed, created on OP-1. anything else goes.

deadline = post your track before battle 74 rules are posted. voting starts the next day.

perhaps an interim battle winner gets a +1 vote for the battle 74, or to bend a rule in it or something? I think @ssam could make a call here.

like? don’t like?

1 Like

I would suggest, if I may, that you get to choose the brief for Open Battle #02, if you’re up to it :slight_smile:
Inspire us!

I like the of battle 73.5. I like even more the idea of Open Battle #02, but I guess the “created on OP-1” rule needs a rethink in that case :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly.

What do you say, @kln? Would you do us the honor to host #opbattles 02?

What about you @ssam? Where are you at with the next brief?

some avenues of thinking have opened up, as due course for real magic happenings. your participation is encouraged.

I heart OP-1.

can you &uck with me? Battle. LOL!

1 Like

Please choose an option:

1. retesting your firmware
  2. scanning your brain for a virus
  3. getting assistance with your back switch

Do not attempt to remove your battery without powering off first.

2 Likes

describing my feels. I constantly remove my battery when power is on. therein lies the problem. life choices. thanks for the warning, and options!

my battery just happened to go completely drained when I made the last post. lol. error conditions. i mean, they happen.

open battle. is that just something that should be on rotation every month? make the coolest music with OP-1 involved in the mix, and submit it to a monthly OB.

2021-April Open Battle.
2021-May Open Battle.
2021-June Open Battle.

do or don’t participate, but each year could have a champion.

like I keep telling why kids. “we may have won the battle, but war is not the answer.”

1 Like

Hey @ssam, where are you at with next battle brief?

I’m ready for it