OP-1 Blog

Almost finished a track with acid flavour with a perfect stranger, quite happy with the result.

5 tracks to finish with my fellow partner in crime, one of which I dropped some Sigur Ros-style voices…

And I’m stuck here at work…

Wish I could do music all day !!

visited reddit :slight_smile:

Saw these little bad boys after I picked up my Octatrack last week.

The King is dead, long live the King.

It won’t upload the photo :frowning:

It won’t upload the photo :frowning:

Whut are these…bad boys?

I just bought the Patterning app.

Stop thinking about modular…Stop thinking about modular

Stop thinking about modular...Stop thinking about modular
This is a trap ! Stay away !

Haha damn you all, found myself on www.modulargrid.net last night. Ouch this hobby can get insanely expensive pretty fast.... not sure my pockets are deep enough.

@LyingDalai I know buddy ! I’m trying to resist !
A good point is that I don’t know enough about modular stuff :smiley:

@ghostly606 Modulargrid is evil ^^

Ahaha I know how weak I am, I don’t even read the modular thread. I don’t even want to know about such stuff…

TIP: for your next video > http://nl.aliexpress.com/item/New-3-5mm-1-8-4-pole-3-ring-male-to-2-3-5mm-female-jack/32228798342.html

This little cable makes you record audio straight into you phone while you monitor it through your headphones.
TIP: for your next video > http://nl.aliexpress.com/item/New-3-5mm-1-8-4-pole-3-ring-male-to-2-3-5mm-female-jack/32228798342.html

This little cable makes you record audio straight into you phone while you monitor it through your headphones.

wow nice one! Can you describe how you set everything up? I’m a bit confused.
Thank you

Its a 3 ring 3.5mm jack, a stereo jack has only 2 rings and a mono jack only 1 ring.

So why has this one 3 rings?

2 of them are to provide you with a stereo sound so you can plug your headphones in.
and the other last ring is for the microphone-input on your phone.

Basicly its a 2 way cable, as the first 2 rings send stereo audio signal while the other is receiving mono signal from a mic (for example)

The input is always mono and the output is always stereo

OP-1 > connects to mono mic-input on the special cable (now you can record the output of the OP-1 into your phone while filming)
Headphones > connect to stereo headphones-output on the special cable (this gives you the ability to pre listen to the sound you record)
Phone > connect to 3 ring 3.5mm jack ( this just sits in you phone duh)

Its a 3 ring 3.5mm jack, a stereo jack has only 2 rings and a mono jack only 1 ring.

So why has this one 3 rings?

2 of them are to provide you with a stereo sound so you can plug your headphones in.
and the other last ring is for the microphone-input on your phone.

Basicly its a 2 way cable, as the first 2 rings send stereo audio signal while the other is receiving mono signal from a mic (for example)

The input is always mono and the output is always stereo

OP-1 > connects to mono mic-input on the special cable (now you can record the output of the OP-1 into your phone while filming)
Headphones > connect to stereo headphones-output on the special cable (this gives you the ability to pre listen to the sound you record)
Phone > connect to 3 ring 3.5mm jack ( this just sits in you phone duh)

Perfect, I got confused by the red and black bits which I took right and left like on RCA cables.

Well, I most certainly need this cable in my life!

But it records the OP-1 in the phone in mono though, right?

Thank you very much sir

Stereo recording is so passé, OP-1 only records in mono !!

:smiley:

This is more powerful ! https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00VRBVU4G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But it records the OP-1 in the phone in mono though, right? Thats 100% correct sir :)
This is more powerful ! https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00VRBVU4G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These things work ok but have a lot of signal loss, for each headphones you connect it drops a few DB’s

I’ve already tried it but only with 1 IN and 2 Out plugged in. I didn’t notice any signal loss.

I’m gonna try with 5 entries and a DB meter :slight_smile: