OP-1 Blog

Yes agreed @LyingDalai ,with @wolflegjon .
Small minded low vibration fear based reality from offenders .
I like your anti-dote :slight_smile:

just found out the OP1 won’t record in stereo from the line in directly to the album. wtf, why?

@eesn you need to jack headphones in (or mic).
The speaker disconnects for int mic (hence album) to prevent feedback.

Please @Speric_El could you please explain what you’re saying with more details in the “Tips & Tricks” thread ?

I’ve always assumed this was totally impossible.

So what you’re saying is that, while recording from Tape to Album, I could record as well other inputs in stereo in the Album ?
This would be so great !!!

No @LyingDalai - that would be great, but from memory I think that doesn’t work…?
(Not too sure ,can’t remember or work out that problem. Something to do with ear setting).
Edit…
YES @LyingDalai ! Above IS possible, I couldn’t collect my thoughts away from gear. (I was confused with recording external mics/gear via master FX/drive onto Tape. That would be good too…) But external gear to Album,along with Tape and OP-1 synth works well. Just turn Mic on and set levels.
It is in Mono for external instruments to Album as @eesn initially pointed out…

Infact I may of missread @eesn’s original post too- Sorry fellows. you said Stereo… my bad.
The problem I was refering too was Internal mic wont record anything to album - without headphones plugged in. Even though red channel volume bar -in Tape screen- is showing level (and would record to Tape).Int speakers are disconnected from int mic- so no feed to album, until headphones are jacked in.

Sorry :confused: Ignore me.
I’ll leave now…

Sorry :/ Ignore me. I'll leave now..

tehehe :slight_smile: i’m no stranger to feedback, but i really was trying to record from the line-in. i’ll try it again, but am not so optimistic

No @LyingDalai - that would be great, but from memory I think that doesn't work...? (Not too sure ,can't remember or work out that problem. Something to do with ear setting). Edit.. YES @LyingDalai ! Above IS possible, I couldn't collect my thoughts away from gear. (I was confused with recording external mics/gear via master FX/drive onto Tape. That would be good too...) But external gear to Album,along with Tape and OP-1 synth works well. Just turn Mic on and set levels. It is in Mono for external instruments to Album as @eesn initially pointed out..

Infact I may of missread @eesn’s original post too- Sorry fellows. you said Stereo… my bad.
The problem I was refering too was Internal mic wont record anything to album - without headphones plugged in. Even though red channel volume bar -in Tape screen- is showing level (and would record to Tape).Int speakers are disconnected from int mic- so no feed to album, until headphones are jacked in.

Wow.... Stranger Things 5th and then this... I'm totally confused now... :D

Hahaha - :smiley: (You made my head light then,with less oxygen through giggles).
Im not high honest.It made sense …at the time.

…Yes- you can record line in , onto Album.

Just double check mic is on - because it Always Turns Itself Off whenever a new source is selected - in Mic&Shift page. So once left source selection page to synth or tape - turn mic On.
It has a habit of turning mic Off. That’s a real stumbler , but apart from that …Line In to Album is good.
It’s just in mono.

but… but… MONO!!! there’s no reason for it to be mono. the line-in is stereo, and with the PO/NY stuff, even more so stereo otherwise it wouldn’t work…

And when you’re recording the signal onto two tape tracks, setting the pan and at the same time to album? I have to try that…

Edit: doesn’t work either of course cause I cannot record onto two tape tracks…

In the middle of rehearsal process. Been using guitar, electribe sampler and of course op1 during rehearsals. Planning for next week rehearsals. Really need to practise more to get comfortable in using op1 and electribe sample live.

I’ve been trying to get this chord progression down for three hours now and it’s pretty clear that:

A) My fingers have ADD and just love to press the wrong keys when I’m recording

B) I have no understanding of music theory at all so I don’t even really know what chords I’m playing

C) Making chord changes not feel super stiff and awkward

D) The OP-1 is still super fun even if you’re a dunce
I've been trying to get this chord progression down for three hours now and it's pretty clear that:

A) My fingers have ADD and just love to press the wrong keys when I'm recording

B) I have no understanding of music theory at all so I don't even really know what chords I'm playing

D) The OP-1 is still super fun even if you're a dunce

You need to invest in an Isla instruments Kordbot…it looks almost as cool as the op-1 too

I've been trying to get this chord progression down for three hours now and it's pretty clear that:

A) My fingers have ADD and just love to press the wrong keys when I'm recording

B) I have no understanding of music theory at all so I don't even really know what chords I'm playing

D) The OP-1 is still super fun even if you're a dunce

You need to invest in an Isla instruments Kordbot…it looks almost as cool as the op-1 too

Of course you can get gizmos with chord memory, but I’d argue that this is one of those situations where it really pays to flex the music muscles and practice until you can play it right!

Of course you can get gizmos with chord memory, but I’d argue that this is one of those situations where it really pays to flex the music muscles and practice until you can play it right!

I’m no good at any keyboard playing but I agree :slight_smile: I was total rubbish before I got the OP-1 and KeyStep, now I’m just no good due to the mandatory practice of scales and chords.

Haha, I haven’t worked on the song since I posted this. I was getting okay at it by the end. Will finish it this week. At least it’s just an interstitial thing that isn’t that long.

I have to rebuild my first Octatrack song, too. Gonna be a productive week!

Hi Operators, voting for the mindboggling battle 42 is closing today. Please consider listening to the 15 mostly harmless entries and giving an unbureaucratic thumbs up for one of them!

Bless you! :slight_smile:

I’m sick of my job, I want to play music !

I'm sick of my job, I want to play music !

PAREIL!