OP-1 Blog

Planning to build a solitary bee house this weekend

Is that a bee hive for just one bee?

It’s a house for wild solitary bees I guess :slight_smile:
I spotted 5 different bees on mine, already !!

Op-1 forum. A place to discuss beats and bees.

And CWO through a discreet Spring…

@GCF @LyingDalai
That’s it yes :slight_smile: a house for wild solitary bees. Planning to have bee hives later :slight_smile:

My OP-1 arrived on monday. Really nice build… I must admit that I put it down a few times because the lack of UNDO function in tape mode. Do you think it will EVER get implemented? I have an electribe that got updated in latter firmware with undo. But the tape in the OP has no mercy with us newbies… I’m trying to get a habbit in lifting the take before overdoubing, or make back-ups latter in the tape…

@adeser imho I like the lack of classic undo. What I would like is some kind of lock to prevent acaccidental drops.

wow, tape lock would be a great idea for gigging

wow, tape lock would be a great idea for gigging

Dude, YES!

Just excited, because this sounds so justifiable that they just might do it… It makes it a much more reliable option.

If it’s an easy change for them, then I really hope they do it.

Fingers crossed.

I think I’ve cured myself of synth GAS.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d still love a modular and love to have an OP-1 again but I’m now not checking ebay, shops, sales, forums etc continually and have stopped lusting over stuff.

Sold all my gear (except A4 but it may still go) and plan on buying a new laptop for my music production. Back to ITB where I know I can finish songs (that’s where i get the most satisfaction) without having to worry about connections, midi, cv, clocks and reading manuals and trying to learn new gear all the time. It gets in the way of being productive and with spare time being rare i’d rather be the most productive and less stressed as I can.

I will admit to a new kind of GAS though … I’m lusting after an electric skateboard for my commute.
THink I’ve whittled it down to either an Evolve GT Carbon or Mellow Drive mounted to an old skool deck.
Anyone on here got an eBoard?

@spacetravelmadeeasy What it’s ITB? I don’t know that “tracker” :wink:

cheers
S

I think I've cured myself of synth GAS.
Don't get me wrong, I'd still love a modular and love to have an OP-1 again but I'm now not checking ebay, shops, sales, forums etc continually and have stopped lusting over stuff.

Sold all my gear (except A4 but it may still go) and plan on buying a new laptop for my music production. Back to ITB where I know I can finish songs (that's where i get the most satisfaction) without having to worry about connections, midi, cv, clocks and reading manuals and trying to learn new gear all the time. It gets in the way of being productive and with spare time being rare i'd rather be the most productive and less stressed as I can.

I will admit to a new kind of GAS though .... I'm lusting after an electric skateboard for my commute.
THink I've whittled it down to either an Evolve GT Carbon or Mellow Drive mounted to an old skool deck.

24th may - I’m cured of gas. Going ITB!
25th may - I just grabbed a digitakt…

LOL. We’re beyond help :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love a modular and love to have an OP-1 again but I'm now not checking ebay, shops, sales, forums etc continually and have stopped lusting over stuff.

Sold all my gear (except A4 but it may still go) and plan on buying a new laptop for my music production. Back to ITB where I know I can finish songs (that's where i get the most satisfaction) without having to worry about connections, midi, cv, clocks and reading manuals and trying to learn new gear all the time. It gets in the way of being productive and with spare time being rare i'd rather be the most productive and less stressed as I can.

I will admit to a new kind of GAS though .... I'm lusting after an electric skateboard for my commute.
THink I've whittled it down to either an Evolve GT Carbon or Mellow Drive mounted to an old skool deck.

Haha, I never grabbed the digitakt - I was posting a post Andreas Tilliander (TM404) made to his facebook.

Haha, I never grabbed the digitakt - I was posting a post Andreas Tilliander (TM404) made to his facebook.

Ah! That gives me hope :wink:

Received my DSP board last night. Will find the tools I need today hopefully and go about fixing her up tonight! Wonder if I should do a live video?

IMG_5946

And my little love is back in action and more fantastic than ever!!! It really is an amazing piece of gear. I’m so happy!

Good job !

And my little love is back in action and more fantastic than ever!!!!!!! It really is an amazing piece of gear. I'm so happy!

Left the screen protector out so I’ve just opened her up again. Timed myself… 10 minutes. My hands and sense of detail could be of use in the electronic world me thinks… but where to start???

Assemble yoursel some DIY synth, it’s a fine thing to try.
Shruthi and PreenFM come to mind :slight_smile:
Guitar stompboxes are quite fun as well !