OP-1 Blog

Assemble yoursel some DIY synth, it's a fine thing to try. Shruthi and PreenFM come to mind :) Guitar stompboxes are quite fun as well !

Good idea. The wife will definitely not be in agreance. She went a little bonkers when she saw the BOSS Dr. 880. All my inputs and channels, stereo image and sound making resources are pretty maxed out. Maybe it isn’t electronics that I need to pursue but instead painting on grains of rice. And I’m serious.

Back on topic… having the OP-1 back in effect is truly joyous! It was really nice to have that feeling. Having a break has definitely made my heart grow fonder. It is unique as it is cool. Maybe I’ll try some battles.

@dustmason needs 3 bucks a month for his amazing website op1.fun

I will contribute.
Would you ?

https://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/46223/#Comment_46223

@HisMostDarxxxellent what happened to you little Op ?
You really wanna make rice painting ? :slight_smile:

@HisMostDarxxxellent what happened to you little Op ? You really wanna make rice painting ? :)

Hello @quarantequatre!
I was put off by the DSP board crashing and then breaking after linking upto the OPLab. I’m sure it was something I was doing wrong as there are no other reported problems like the one I experienced. After I replaced the DSP board I was scared to use the OPLab. Then I couldn’t stand the imperfection in my aesthetic. I still used it but my atmosphere had changed. I played an OB6 a couple weeks back, I’ve lusted after one for soooo long, and then, that night I put an offer to a company in the States and we agreed on an exchange. I got what I payed for the OP-1 when I bought it brand new and made a little profit. I exchanged my OP-1, OPLab, and a VK-8M + cash for an OB6 Module. And that’s it my friend! The OB6 has landed in Tokyo and the tracker says it is on the way to me. Every van that goes by or truck that pulls up outside my place I go weak at the knees! Lol
Can’t wait to get my hands on that synth!!! Hehehe

And hells yeah to the rice painting!!! One day… one day…

And hells yeah to the rice painting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One day... one day...

Nice story ! OB6 seems gorgeous you made a very good choice !
I understand your disapointment with the op.
Have you received the OB?

And hells yeah to the rice painting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One day... one day...

Nice story ! OB6 seems gorgeous you made a very good choice !
I understand your disapointment with the op.
Have you received the OB?

Thank you very much! I felt a creative surge after hearing the DX7 and having polyphony. Practiced a minor amount of Hanon practices and began to hear things. I have read that a lot of people say the OB6 is great for fueling the creative sparks of creation.
The OB is in customs still. It’s been there the whole day. I’m tracking its progress and refreshing the page constantly hahaha today I sat and pondered exactly how I can fit it in my set up and thought through every possibility before making a decision. Whatever happens experimentation is undoubtedly on the horizon and my configuration may change a couple of times before I settle on something. One thing is for certain - I feel like a composer who has everything he needs in order to conduct the sounds he wants to hear. The drums are covered… the bass is rocking… and the lead can be layered with a few great choices but the main lead will be the monsterous OB! Hmmmmmm I just need to learn how to play hahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The OB6 has been with me for 36hrs encounting and what a joy it is!

The OB6 has been with me for 36hrs encounting and what a joy it is!

Ah man, I want one… Enjoy :slight_smile:

Current battle voting is closing in about three hours. Everybody is invited:
https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3637/p1

I saw a guy with an Op-1 in a local cafe today. He seemed to be in the zone and I didn’t disturb him, but I’m kicking myself now for not saying hello! (I’ve never seen anybody with an Op-1 in the wild before). So, if anybody on here happened to be in the BTP on Whiteladies Rd in Clifton, Bristol, sorry for not saying hello and hope you stumbled on some nice musical ideas!

Hey this blog concept is exactly what mastadon is for! It’s sort of a modular twitter. Someone should make one for Operator-1!!

Just got my OP-1 Monday after a month or so of backorder! Had some trouble getting USB to connect to do a firmware update, but eventually it worked. Have been learning all the functions and jamming since then!

Greetings all. I picked up my OP-1 today and am currently charging it, not sure if I should let it charge or if I can play with it whilst it’s charging. Reading the previous post I’m curious, does it need a firmware update even though it’s new out of the box? Cheers!

Welcome to Op land!
You can play it while charging its fine.(I tend to get a better meter reading when it’s charging and turned on).
What OS flahes up when you switch it on?

@Spheric_El said:
Welcome to Op land!
You can play it while charging its fine.(I tend to get a better meter reading when it’s charging and turned on).
What OS flahes up when you switch it on?

Thanks Spheric_El! It was late, I had to hit the sack anyway so just let it charge ?
The boot up screen says 220 (tiny writing isn’t it?)?

Edit - just updated to 225 by following the instructions ? once again, VERY small text on that interface! My eyesight isn’t what it used to be, is there the option to increase text size anywhere in the OS?

No buddy.

Just got my Op-1 yesterday & love it as much as I thought I would. The Op-1 guide is great, one of the best manuals I’ve read…it’s straight to the point. Played all night, took it to work & just got back from jammin on my lunch break. I’ve been watchin it for a few years, but due to the price I always decided on buying other gear instead. 3 rooms full of gear later, I realized I might not have made the best decision waiting, but whatever, I learned a lot in so many ways thru out my journey & now that I have the Op-1, I feel comfortable selling a few things that I don’t play very often. Really happy I bought this thing!

Just got my OP-1 today, cool to see other new users here. I didn’t make anything that blew me away but I’m getting the hang of things. I’m not in love with the tape set up especially with markers changing with every BPM change but we’ll see.

Looking forward to playing my Bass Station II into it as well.

Time to vote, operators !

https://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4931/battle-57-listening-and-voting