OP-1 Diagnostic Test has "Skipped 2" tests... Normal??

Hi All

Looking at buying a used OP-1. Seller ran diagnostics and sent me this image which shows ‘0 Failed’ but ‘2 Skipped’ – why are 2 skipped? Is this normal?? He mentioned it was the radio function tests and he didn’t have an antennae but I don’t recall any skipped tests when I had mine a few years back… so just ensuring all good. I also don’t recall screen being red.

If someone could run the test on there and confirm its as designed, i’d be forever grateful

Cheers

IMG_6405-copy

I did the keys/ encoder press tests, encoder rotate tests, USB and power switch tests and that’s it. I skipped none and passed all and screen was green. The red shows if you skipped or failed a test.

I did the keys/ encoder press tests, encoder rotate tests, USB and power switch tests and that's it. I skipped none and passed all and screen was green. The red shows if you skipped or failed a test.

thanks for prompt reply @JReign. So wait… is there a radio function test as seller described he skipped?

I did not come across it. I’m running the recent beta, so not sure if that matters.

hmm… maybe it does…not sure? i don’t think he’s running new beta tho. thanks again for checking it out for me!!

if anyone else hasn’t updated OS and can run a quick test, would really appreciate it

he said the skipped tests are for the radio function but didn’t have antenna so couldn’t tune radio and hence skipped tests. he tried w/ earphones as an antenna but it didn’t allow tuning

I think I can remember the radio tests around the time I got my OP-1. I remember now because I tried plugging something in other than the tuner also, haha.

haha. hey btw @JReign, how long you had yours for? this one I’m thinking go buying is 2-3 yrs old… just trying to figure out expected battery life?

Got mine in November 2014 from BHphoto.com

nice… how long does yours last on full charge right now?

i ran the diagnostics with the new beta OS. its much shorter now then the old test. and here it ended up with a green screen.

Unless you’re getting a sick deal, I’d stay far away from a used device that shows ANY untoward behavior. Even if it was $200 below cost. I’d want my warranty.

This is totally normal if you skip some tests and doesn’t have to mean that the unit is defective. I wanted to test the keyboard the other day and skipped the USB tests with the same results. A red screen is normal with skipped tests.

I remember that earlier firmware-versions included a radio-test that required a station on a specific frequency that I also couldn’t get to pass, even though the radio in my OP-1 is working just fine.

Maybe you could ask the seller exactly which tests he skipped and why. If he skipped the tests that he knew would fail, that’s a red flag, of course.

Ok, I did the whole test. I have exactly the same results like the seller (I’m not the seller ; ) btw)
Everything works fine, only the first radio test didn’t work with my cable. There is a second check of the FM radio in the end, which worked fine. Dunno why there are 2 tests!?!? I promise my radio works!

A red screen is normal with skipped tests.

Why do i have a green one then?! ^^
Before the Upgrade it was red. Now it ends up green. Am i the only one?
Or ist it only green when nothing is skipped?
That could be the answer cause now the tests are shorten down and no need to skip anything. :smiley:

Thanks for all replies. Ended up saving the extra $400 and bought a brand new one (which is "on board for delivery" today!)

.. in the end, $AUD800 for a 3 year old used unit w/ missing volume cap & 2 skipped tests wasn't so attractive.

I am having problems with test 8, the system tells me the signal is too low (shoud be -3.0db but is around -15db), the only way is to skip it so it jumps from 8-11

does anyone else have this problem?