OP-1 field feature requests

Honestly just changing the volume of individual sounds in sequencers would be great!

4 Likes

Do you mean note velocity? Yes that would be great.

Supposedly the field responds to velocity via MIDI in, so I wonder if the sequencers could record that.

…or maybe the pitch bend could be used on note input to set velocity?

I actually think the clickable encoder buttons could be used to switch between different adjustable parameters - velocity/volume of a sequenced sound can be controlled by clicking the encoder button on say the first encoder and adjusting. Clicking again saves the level. You could have different variable parameters for each of the 4 encoders - the currently active LFO, the currently effect, etc.

1 Like

You know, forget fancy features I mentioned above. Ability to delete patches on the unit itself. It’s at the top of my personal Maslow’s hierarchy of synth needs. I like experimenting with sounds, so this limitation drives me nuts on original OP-1. Now I’m seeing in reviews that Field hasn’t implemented it (yet).

3 Likes

6 minute lift. The 90 second thing drives me crazy. I like to use the OP-1 for thru-composed music with no fixed tempo or beat. If I have a bad take or decide I can do without one of the tracks, it is tedious to go thru and find three places to cut (1:30, 3:00, 4:30) just to lift the track away. I guess I would settle for a way to delete a single track (while leaving the other three tracks alone) but being able to lift the full length of a track would be amazing so I could “back it up” before I attempt an overdub.

I believe the OP-1F still has a 90 second lift limit.

7 Likes

Unpopular request: a new sequencer specifically for quantizing live performances. It should have a variable length similar to the Endless sequencer as well as variable quantize strengths similar to OP-Z. The idea is to initiate this sequencer and record a synth or drum performance and let quantize fix timing errors in real-time. Then this sequence can be recorded to tape.

9 Likes

Ideally I’d like to see a sequencer for more complex patterns that have retrigs, velocity etc comparable to OP-Z but if we can’t have that then maybe a Beat repeat / stutter effect that sounds good so I can make some proper braindance/idm lol

Some other effects I’d like to see are bitcrusher, combfilters, and chorus.

For synths: additive synthesis with the ability to set any frequency in Hz and have some control of the partials.

Oh and please add support for microtonal scales in the tuning section.

Lastly implement the tape effect from the OP-Z

5 Likes

Stereo / pan-friendly delay, please. Ping pong, even.

9 Likes

Unique mixer/EQ/FX/master settings per project — I’m surprised these settings aren’t saved when you swap reels/tapes or tape styles.

2 Likes

The OP-1 Field covers pretty much everything I always wanted. The only thing that’s missing is an effects page for the inputs. Would be amazing if we could apply effects on any incoming signal (mic, line in, usb etc).

3 Likes

That was my Suggestion too! I wrote TE and got the following response:

"to keep the feeling and concept of a real tape, all the settings of the mixer aren’t stored. only what is actually recorded on the tape is saved and can’t be modified, like track levels, fx, actual notes played, etc…

to save your mixes, you can record them as a mixdown! to do so, press [com] and then record!"

So itseems to be part of the concept but i’m also not too happy with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dang. Guess I’ll be using a notepad to catalog my track levels, panning, and master effects then haha.

good ole paper, still the best tech :rofl:

3 Likes

one more tape emulation please: Eight mono tracks!

9 Likes

Tapes
I’d love to see more tape options. I think they could add vinyl, 8-track, etc.

I do think being able to switch out “tapes” also gives them the ability to have one be a sequencer option.

LFO
More than one effect, and LFO would also be great. I’d even be fine if it’s an option you select in each screen when enabling. I want 2 effects, and then we can select the effect from saved effects similar to selecting synths and samples or select to create a new effect by type. And if you have two effects you have two LFO options to manipulate the effect. This would also be big at the master effect level.

Sequencers
Saving sequencer patterns. You spend an hour setting up endless with the perfect sequence only to lose it with one wrong keypress. And you might want to pull up and use the same sequence later in another track as an additive layer. It would be nice to have a half dozen saved sequencers for most of the types of sequencers.

4 Likes

My two requests would be:

1. Add an input selection mode to the external input jack like the one found on the TX-6 so you could pick stereo or mono input.

2. Add stereo panning to the tremolo LFO

4 Likes

A hold mode for keys. Drones are easy to mess up by minute 5.

isn’t that what the hold sequencer is for? it’s how i use it anyway :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I do believe it has that feature?