OP-1 For Sale Nearly new (Fully Warrantied)

With great sadness im selling my OP-1. The reasons are that I come from a Piano background being classicaly trained. And i’m having real problems adjusting to the OP-1. I know now that I love synthesizers and what they can do but need something with a traditional keyboard, So i’m looking at a Roland JD-XA. This is sad because this community is one of the best ive ever come across in years. Everyone is so helpful and incredibly creative.

So here it is

AN OP-1 bought last September from Bax UK with 3 years Warranty!
The OP-1 Antenna (never used)
An Aluminium flight case which perfectly snugs the OP-1 for travel protection (never used anyway).

All Original packaging and OP-1 box.

Mint and used about 20 mins a day at most about 3 times a week so really Mint with absolutely no scratches or marks

I have installed very latest firmware which is stable and has never misbehaved.

For payment I would like £650 plus postage which will be first class insured recorded. (If European buyer please tell me which country and i will work out cost).

I want Paypal Only as this is the safest from my experience as a buyer and seller.

Any questions please ask by Private Mail.

This has been a considered decision and whoever buys it will have years of enjoyment I’m sure.

Thanks all

Judging from when you started posting and my experience you might want to reconsider your decision: After the first high I was ready to sell my OP-1 because I didn’t feel I clicked with it. Had a chat with a friend of mine that told me he had the same experience with his synthesizers but after a temporary down and abstinence started to get the feel for them. Sure enough I’ve had the same experience after leavin my little OP sitting in a corner for a few weeks. Now I would I’m taking it on every trip, just in case inspiration strikes.

I’m not implying it’s the same experience for everyone but you might want to give it a thought.

Thanks Crudeoperator.

When i first got hooked on the OP-1 it was through you know who Red Means… Then i drifted into thinking Ambient Drone Machine.Thinking Apex twins etc. Then it went wrong for me. I just didnt connect and wanted more. I know now this was a mistake. When i look back at early stuff by Red i click again. ie sample first. Get catchy drum beat. Create a melody and rhythm. Layer each one. I can brake it down like that. But being so heavily influenced by electronic music from the 80’s eg Kraftwerk (yes im old) it seems this is keeps dragging me down. Its bewildering and ingenious. Ive got a few tracks down but uninspired.
But the hook i drifted from was the great Sampling of the Red videos. I went off on tangent into like i said Ambient. And this felt where the OP needed a bit more. Hence recent Reverb topic. But again it does a lot of things so well. I just cant find a workflow that suits me. I want to love it but it rebuffs my attempts. I know its me not the OP.

Best Pete

You know, you can control the op1 with an external keyboard.

Im dropping the price to £630 plus postage for a quick sale! If it doesnt sell here in a week I will go to Ebay which is not my desired choice as its a bit

of a rip off with fees. <br style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 31.6866px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>

Shea thanks but i have looked into that already,:).

This thread is sad. It’s like reading an Agony Aunt column in the newspaper about a breakup between a couple who were deeply in love but their relationship waned after they realized it was just lust.

As a side, will you invest in more gear once you sell it?

Try the Elektron forum :slight_smile: if you haven’t already. It’ll increase your chances of success.

Hi folks

Its just been sold.

This thread is sad. It’s like reading an Agony Aunt column in the newspaper about a breakup between a couple who were deeply in love but their relationship waned after they realized it was just lust.

As a side, will you invest in more gear once you sell it?

Lol yes i fall in love with all my musical instruments.

Im hoping to invest in something. The Yamaha Reface DX maybe? Ive been talking to Roland and they have the JD-XA which may be suitable,I know no tape but compromises all round. Music is my passion. Now ive just got my Grand Piano again!