OP-1 + PO-14 output level

Howdy,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Finally got the OP-1 and a PO-14, so I’ve paired the two and it all syncs up nicely, but managing the output level is pretty hard. The PO-14 is always too loud, but if I turn it down the OP-1 volume is also gone, so it’s basically unusable. I’ve tried lowering/raising the PO-14, same with the OP-1, but couldn’t achieve a decent balance unfortunately.

Is there a way around this or is it just the way it is? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Are you feeding the PO-14 output to the OP-1’s input? If you are, of course it might be difficult

I would go to a mixer, where I can have an independent preamp an EQ for each…

Are you feeding the PO-14 output to the OP-1's input? If you are, of course it might be difficult

I would go to a mixer, where I can have an independent preamp an EQ for each...

Should’ve made that clear, but I’m doing the other way around as suggested on the TE video about sync. OP-1 providing sync to the PO-14, so it’s OP-1 → PO-14.

On the studio I’m alright with both as the PO-14 gets its clock from a Beatstep Pro, so I can have separate outputs for it and for the OP-1, all good there.

For a mobile setup it’s where it gets problematic, this gain staging aspect being particularly difficult to nail and it’s mobile, so I’m trying to keep it as lean as possible. I’ll try playing around with the mixer on the OP-1 while tweaking the PO-14 output to see if I can hit decent i.e. not ear piercing levels on the PO-14. Any ideas welcome!

Boost your op-1 master eq.maybe just turn up the red encoder to raise gain,then push up Drive so you have all your LEDs lit.
Give that a try.