OP-1 Rythm

Hey friends,
maybe I’m just stupid but If I want to make a hip hop drum pattern with a 4/4 rythm and lets say I want to put the kick on the 1 and the 4. How can I see on the Op-1 where the 1 and the 4 is?
Is the space between two White bars in tape mode one whole 4/4 part?

I hope you understand what I mean.

Kind regards

I haven’t updated yet, but I think it’s Shift+Stop that changes the grid resolution of the tape screen.

You can also use endless and count your notes and rests. 1 and 4 would be easy if you set the endless sequencer resolution (blue knob) to 1/4, activated endless, held shift to enter endless record mode, hit the key with the kick, then the right arrow (to insert a rest/advance the sequence without a note), and kick again. Changing the blue parameter in endless to something like 1/16 or 1/32 will allow you to make more precise patterns, but with more rests counted.

It’s not too hard to count the beats in live after a bit of practice. IE kick e & a 2 e & kick e & a 4 e & a

If you use endless to lay parts down instrument by instrument or otherwise, make sure the grid is set to beats in the metronome page. Once your sequence is prepared, you can hold record to arm the recording, and press and hold any key to trigger recording and the sequence at the same time.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your answer

if you use the metronome i believe the downbeat click (the 1) sounds different than the other 3 clicks. right?

1 Like

It also works quite nicely with the Finger Sequencer where you get a grid-like display

1 Like