OP-1 Stands.

love it!

but from an engineering point of view not the most stable…

yeah it’d need some kind of weight or something in the base(s).

The guy that made the stands on Shapeway has made cheaper/minimal ones for $20 each:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/888833/op-1-pg-minimal-order-2.html?materialId=75

http://images2.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_888833_5894573_1408805518.jpg

Ya maybe it would need another brace at the bottom/feet of the stand @dimi3 and it would be even better if could fold or disassemble flat to be extra portable.

@krism I like that stand too, but wouldn’t it be a pain to screw and unscrew the OP-1 every time?

Magic 8 Ball sez ‘Signs point to yes’ @Kites

Hi! I’d like to share mine too :slight_smile:

It’s called OP-Bunny, and it is part of a project we just launched together with my wife.
You can read more about it at cremacaffedesign.com
Hope you like it! For any information, please get in touch.

Best

Liking your stuff! @OP1kenopi

@dimi3 Thanks! :slight_smile:

I love the OP-Bunny @OP1kenopi, it’s super cute! Great job! Can you adjust the tilt or is it fixed?

Thanks @vehka!

the angle is fixed.
PS) people in Helsinki, for you there are no shipping costs! so 35 € instead of 40 € :wink:

Cheers

Ok I’m in for one of the bunnies! =)

Great! @vehka let’s organize a coffee or beer then :slight_smile:
See you!

Aw, I wish it had adjustable angles :frowning:

Happy to inform that the OP-Bunny is now selling at 30 € shipping included! :wink:

cremacaffedesign.com/op-bunny/

Hi guys,

Just thought I would share a little project I just finished. I liked the inclination of the OP1 when put on top of my MPC1k, itself put on a hard foam laptop stand. So I took measurements and re-created the inclination in the form of a stand, out of wood panels I found in the house I just moved in. I sawed them, screwed them together and super glued rubber pads cut out of a mouse pad so I have a proper grip. I also screwed two metal brackets at the bottom so the OP1 doesn't slip.

Enjoy!

IMG_20140921_135436~2 IMG_20140921_151317~2 IMG_20140921_151333~2 IMG_20140921_151350~2 IMG_20140921_151400~3~2

IMG_20140921_132042~2
Found the photos of the original "standalone" mode. Before you ask: yes, this is very solid and stable, no wobbling or other funny movements. :) My creative workspace is quite limited but still I need everything I regularly use at hand so I elevate a little this and that. :)

The Reloop laptop stand I posted earlier looks like this and is still available:

http://www.reloop.com/reloop-laptop-stand-v-2

The interface stand, however, is officially discontinued by Reloop but is still in stock at some DJ stores.

If you don’t mind, will you please clarify which stand is in the embedded photos from this post (quoted)? The depth of the tray seems perfect for the OP-1.

EDIT: not the photo in the link in the ‘quote,’ but from the images that were in your post

Found the photos of the original "standalone" mode. Before you ask: yes, this is very solid and stable, no wobbling or other funny movements. :) My creative workspace is quite limited but still I need everything I regularly use at hand so I elevate a little this and that. :)

The Reloop laptop stand I posted earlier looks like this and is still available:

http://www.reloop.com/reloop-laptop-stand-v-2

The interface stand, however, is officially discontinued by Reloop but is still in stock at some DJ stores.

If you don’t mind, will you please clarify which stand is in the embedded photos from this post (quoted)? The depth of the tray seems perfect for the OP-1.

EDIT: not the photo in the link in the ‘quote,’ but from the images that were in your post

The laptop stand is the same as I have and I put the OP1 AND the Waldorf Pulse 2 on it...the photo taken at one of our gigs shows how they look together on that laptop stand but may be a little misleading as I may have forgotten to mention that it's two syhths and one stand. The other Reloop stand I used to use with the OP (shown on the photos on the bottom of my original post) is a Reloop interface stand no longer in production and only works when the top "tray-parts" are removed (otherwise the OP's i/o sockets woulb be blocked by the side of the tray..). But since the hole-spacing on the bottom of the OP happens to be the same as that on the stand's trayholder, I could actually screwed the synth to the top. I prefer the laptop stand though as it's a lot easier to set up and break down my rig with that + it hosts the Pulse 2 as well.

Thanks, I appreciate it

I thought some of you might be interested in this stand I’ve just ‘made’, by cutting down an Ikea wall rail and adding some self-adhesive rubber feet. Total cost: £6! A bit of measuring, a bit of sawing and a bit of sanding is all that really needs to be done, and on somebody else’s suggestion I’ve discovered that it also holds an Arturia Beatstep, an Akai LPD8 or a Korg nanoAnything perfectly well too. More details can be found here.
1 Like

Nice job @echolevel

Thanks @Kites!