OP-1 to iPad with the new update #243 that gives streaming usb audio

Hello,

I tried connecting my OP-1 with the latest #243 update directly to my iPad Air through USB via the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter. The OP-1 appears in the iPad DAW (AUM) both as “Hardware Input” and “Hardware Output” with no other options.

I was expecting that I could connect the OP-1 as an Input to the iPad, add some effects and have the output through the iPad speaker (or other audio interface that might be connected). But since I don’t have that option, I only have the sound coming out of the OP-1 before the iPad effects. And if I route the OP-1 sampling to come from USB with the iPad output going to OP-1 then I get a feedback loop.

Is it possible to simply have the iPad getting the OP-1 as an input through USB or am I missing something and not understanding what is this feature of streaming usb audio in and out?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi did you figure it out? About to try the same and want to get the right adaptor for it. Thanks

Probably iPad cannot change outputs separately. so playing Op-1 while listening to the iPad output sound will cause a feedback loop.

I’m in exactly the same boat. I even purchased AUM for this one reason assuming it would just work with this latest OP1 firmware. Has anyone solved this problem?

Audiobus 3 has the ability to output to the HPJ (I think this is still in beta), but can cleanly solve this problem. I did a video on it probably a year ago… I think this is the one Can you get multiple audio interfaces connected to your iPad? - YouTube