OP-Z and Bass Station II MIDI Question

Hi all,

I have my OP-Z plugged directly into the Bass Station II via a USB c (out of OP-Z) into the BSII (USB b). It works! I can sequence! Great!

However, every pattern change on the OP-Z changes (increments) the patch on the BSII. This is not great.

I’m attempting to use the OP-Z to sequence Afex mode on the BSII, and while it works mostly as it should, the pattern change / preset change is a real showstopper.

The OP-Z is sequencing out of the chord channel to the BSII. All other tracks on the OP-Z are set to a different MIDI channel.

Channel 1 to active track: off
MIDI In: off (which is weird because adjusting the pitch bend on the BSII fucks with the pitch of the OP-Z)
MIDI Out: Enable
Clock in: Disable
Clock Out: Enable
Alt. Program Change: Disable
MIDI Echo: Disable

I’m just floating this out there to see if anyone has had issues like this and how they may have gotten around them. If this has been answered elsewhere, just send me to the right place, please!

Thanks much.

I was running into similar problems with my Nord Drum 3. I reconfigured the midi channel assignments for each of the track parameter modes in an effort to sequence different parameter changes via the OP-Z, but every time I changed a pattern, the OP-Z would spit the values from the track to the Nord Drum and in turn, my kits would sound all wrong. I didn’t give it much thought after that but I suppose you could try reconfigure the OP-Z’s .json file to output CCs that aren’t relevant to the BSII. The only problem with that is then you wouldn’t be able to motion sequence CCs so maybe not a great solution. It would be nice if the OP-Z could receive the Bass Station’s CC values and then have any changes on the encoders be relative changes instead of absolute. Anyways, I don’t know if that helps you at all, but that’s my best guess as to what is going on. Maybe someone more knowledgable has a better solution.