OP-Z App "PHOTOMATIC"

Did anyone successfully SAVE some pictures into one of the free slots on PHOTOMATIC Roll 2-10?
Import some pictures - YES, but cannot save! Neither directly from iPad/iPhone (photo library), nor over iTunes.

Seems like the OP-Z App does not save anything except his preinstalled first camera roll (hand pictures).
Imported Images disappear after restarting the App again!

I have the same exact problem. I wanted to wait for more people to get the Z to inquire about this. But Photomatic seems really promising and fun. But every time I loose my rolls. Tried to save the project in the Op-Z. Same results.
Tried to snap pictures directly from the ipad cam. Same results. I place pics in the roll. And they disappear after a restart. Really need a save function on this.

ok i‘ve Checked my OP-Z App and found my first Roll (2) was just there and saved. i‘ve then created another one without closing the roll but pushed the home Button to close the App. this roll was empty afterwards.

i think you have to use a roll somehow to save it. I can remember that I’ve played a lot with the pictures in the first instance

Lucky you! Or a happy accident?

I tried many different ways, playing also a lot, sequence the pictures with the OP-Z, no Way!

If you find a reproducible way to save it, let us know!

ok. I just filled the other rolls and they have been saved. I think you have to close the filled roll for saving!

@JohnnyEgo said:
ok. I just filled the other rolls and they have been saved. I think you have to close the filled roll for saving!

OK! Close the filled roll over the button “ROLL …” below the image?

After some testing around …

Pictures shot with the iPad cam stay in the roll! Woo! (Still don´t know how this happened)

Pictures imported from iPad photo library disappear.

@rillu said:
Pictures shot with the iPad cam stay in the roll! Woo! (Still don´t know how this happened)

maybe you started using the save button instead of the safe button

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone got the magic solution for saving pics on ROLLS taken from your Photo library on iOS? They always disappear when closing the app. Can’t wait, Photomatic is really fun. Now it’s barely useable.

Nope! Currently no solution. The App update also did not solve the problem.
Missing also the announced dropbox implementation!

Dropping pics from the library, one after another is also ridiculously laborious. Loading a bunch of pics in one step would be nice!

The only way to have a roll with SAVED pics for now is to go on the Motion track, hold the screen button ( it acts as a film shutter) you will see the camera on your IOS device and press any button on the notes keyboard to save it. Then you can sequence your pics. Once you have a roll you can even save it or transfer to another device via iTunes in the app, file sharing tab. Drag the Photomatic folder on your desktop. Then drag it back in file sharing to replace it to your other device. I tried to put new pics directly in the folder to upload them, but it doesn’t work. If you browse the Photomatic folder, you’ll encounter a messed up hierarchy. If someone finds a way to save pics from your ios photo folder with the on screen app buttons, please tell us the recipe.

why track 16 sequence doesn’t change the photo? am i doing something wrong? i made a sequence on track 16 by holding step and note just like sequencing melody. but this doesn’t affect any photo changes on photomatic. however photo changes when i just press notes. does anyone have this problem?

stupidly, the track 16 was muted on mute group. :smiley: problem solved.

Honestly, photomatic is so buggy it’s bricked. I haven’t been able to use it even once…

works fine works fine

Hi folks, I‘m new here and I‘m a great fan of the OP-Z, it‘s a marvelous device. Maybe I can help you further with the photomatic save pix prob. I‘ve got the same bug. I did different options, like the same way how eyescream54 and always the pix are not saved. And than, I simply uninstalled the op-z app and installed new and than — it works, like from ghost hands;-) all photos on my ipad device is still saved when I add it to the rolls and after closing the app they stay, too. It‘s a little buggy. Hope, TE will fixed soon. The same with your own samples import in a synth engine with a chromatic scale:-) (I think, this prob they must fix asap). Hope, I could help you further and maybe, it works the same way as mine, to uninstall and install the app new will fix the prob!
Best regards ?:relaxed:

With the new app update, I was finally able to have my ipad photos saved in my Rolls. It wasn’t mentioned in the update features i think. I still have to try with fully loaded multiple rolls.

seems my pictures are not being shown completely and cut off: what t the photosize for photomatic ??

@An3 said:
seems my pictures are not being shown completely and cut off: what t the photosize for photomatic ??

I came here hoping to find out the exact same thing. Did you ever figure out what size they needed to be?

Agreed. Some of my imported pictures are being cut off as well