OP-Z App "PHOTOMATIC"

I put some notes and an example in the thread on using Photomatic. On the tests I did frame shape and resolution did not predictably change the part of an image Photomatic would show. So if you take a shot from within the App it shows it perfectly but if you import a similarly shaped image it only imports part of it. If you reduce the resolution it still imports the same part only it’s more fuzzy!

This actually gave me the idea for a work around. If you import an image the shape you will normally use with a grid marking every centimetre you can identify the centre of the frame and it’s rough borders. You can then create a template to use as an unseen layer in the image edit software of your choice.anything that needs to be placed accurately on an edge or corner is a challenge but if you have an App that can crop a video frame you can make it look a lot tidier.

Hello all, I seem to be having a slightly different problem to the ones I’ve seen here regarding Photomatic. I am able to open the app, and play around with the hand images that are already provided, but everytime I try to import photos from my own photo library INTO the roll, they show up blank. completely grey. Photomatic works fine when im taking pictures directly from my iphone / ipad device but not when i’m importing my own photos from my library. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be importing all the photos into the roll and then expect to see them?

I have updated everything, including the opz to the latest firmware, and iOS apps to the latest updates, So i’m still confused as to what might be happening?

Thanks!

Same problem here… Not able to upload photos to the iOS app… Is there a file size restriction? My photos are above 1MB each (and the ‘Hand’ example photos are smaller than that). Any clues?

Hey

Did you have any luck with this? Playing with it today and can’t get it to work

Thanks
Rich

I can’t load photos from my own iPad photo library to Photomatic either.
I tried small photos, big photos, photos taken from my ipad, photos imported to my ipad - and all imports still turn out grey - like everyone says it does.

How do we get Teenage Engineering to fix this?