OP-Z Bugs

I mean I can’t speak to that but I have had it on my dest for 6 months and no issues. I don’t even travel with it at this point, It stays put. it could be that but physically this thing is in mint condition and no signs of drops or any physical wear for that matter.

At this moment it kicking just fine. I am using it as a midi sequencer only. I may just have to get creative and save each midi channel into individual Ableton tracks for safe keeping and if it does it again I can just rerecord the data back into the opz.

at this point I can’t reproduce it but my gut tells me its some kind of software issue.

restoring the OS and doing a factory reset should set everything in the right order.
(btw. this was a common method in early OP-1 years and solved nearly every problem for instance the OP-1 has gotten muddy over time and it sounded like it was kind of dusty inside, factory reset and it was HD clear again.

i’ve had a strange bug twice where the OP-Z couldn’t handle midi over usb on channel 14, even after a restart the only help was a factory reset and it was caused by the original oplab plugged into a wall wart and a raspberry pi via mini USB host, restarting the whole set. really strange and I thought its broken because I thought it was a power issue in the first place.

1 Like

Firmware update - 1.2.5
BUG: Can’t do program change via midi to a external synth anymore. It was working on previous versions.

since Monday there’s the OS 1.2.5.

maybe try that

1 Like

Sorry i mean 1.2.5

yep same crap is happening to me now and when i go to try and load sounds with the app it just syncing constantly and wont let me add any sounds what do i do

2 Likes

I have seen some syncing issues when chopping a new sample using the new update. Now, I just switch to a stock sound and then go back to my sample and things seem to work fine from there. Hope that helps

Edit: Okej, apparently this is a “feature” (a stupid one) that can be turned off by modifying the ‘general.json’ file.

Shift + dial = effect bug.

Holding shift and turning a dial not only alters the active parameter on the dial, but also the level for the FX1 send.

Read about this bug in this thread, from last year… it’s still not fixed?
I’ve had the OP-Z for two weeks but i just noticed this bug, weird.

Steps to reproduce.

1. Pick a track (lets say the kick track)
  2. Lay down some kicks
  3. Hold shift and turn any dial on any parameter page
  4. Notice how the dial not only alters the active parameter but also the send level to FX1

Can anyone confirm this?

I have the same problem. I previously used my Analog Four MkII to control the OP-Z via program changes, but I can’t get it to work anymore.

Anyone who does get this to work?

1 Like

Yes indeed it happened to me last night and I was like…wtf…
now reading about it that’s right there what was going on !

1 Like

Anyone else notice on the Arp track, using Component Spark on the Multiply step component is reversed?
When the Spark is supposed to block it it doesn’t, and vice-versa.

I’m getting a lot of hum with usb connected to my Shuttle Control and audio cable to mixer. When I shut off usb charging, it decreases slightly, but definitely not enough to where its practical to send usb midi and also audio.
I don’t remember this being an issue last time I tried it, but it sure is now. Anyone else have this issue or a workaround (should I get a ground loop isolator?)?

edit: I WAS PRESSING THE WRONG BUTTON TO TURN OFF CHARGING :woozy_face:

ground loop isolator! noise gone

2 Likes

Would anyone be willing to try to control the OP-Z as a slave via program changes (through USB)?

1 Like

While i’m griping, cannot get it to be recognized as a usb midi host!

Does the LFO retrigger ever actually work? I can’t hear any difference between free and trig on Chord at least - always seems free with no retriggering. Annoying because I can’t use the lfo as a filter env (set to a low rate and retriggering on each note). Works on the OP-1. I’m on the latest firmware.

Is there a way to sync the LFO to the tempo?

1 Like

When firmware 1.2.5 came out, I’m pretty sure we lost the ability to hold SCREEN and turn an Encoder to cycle through the screen menu items. Can anyone confirm if they are experiencing this as well? It seems like a bug to me. And I really liked that feature.

Works for me. On the app, right? Can you still get the battery indicator by holding the screen button?

yeah, I get the battery indicator. When I press Screen, the screen menu comes up, but I can’t scroll through the menu items, in the app, with the encoders. It seems like a bug, because it worked fine before this firmware update.

1 Like

I had that problem before (in a previous firmware), but it resolved itself for unknown reasons. I don’t experience this problem in the latest firmware.