OP-Z froze and squealed

Was working on basic stuff. Copy and paste patterns to build out a jam and boom, only a high pitch digital squeal sounded. Tried panic stop and all the buttons. Just had to turn off and turn on. Worked fine.

I did try sampling through my laptop earlier, wonder if that’s related.

Couple nasty little bugs on this thing. Thank goodness it hasn’t embarrassed me live yet :sweat_smile:

Anyone experience this?

Did you sample it? If it happens again please try to record the sound somehow. It would be fun to load the sample on an op-z pitch it down and make some music with the crash noise.

Just kidding. I hope it doesn’t happen again. but if it does…

1 Like

Lol!

I didn’t sample it. It was excruciatingly annoying, however, that doesn’t mean I can’t turn the volume down and get it run into Ableton next time :laughing:

1 Like

Hopefully there won’t be a next time

1 Like

Happened again! Will upload video later

Has this behavior continued? Do you know the firmware version it was on it when it happened?

I’ve started seeing this on two separate devices, both of which were on the firmware version that introduced the sampler.

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately it has happened again. Once for sure, maybe twice.

I’m also on the firmware that introduced the sampling

Just updated to the newest firmware and reset the midi settings, also only connecting to an ipad with bluetooth. So far hasn’t happened again.

1 Like

Sweet, hope it works out! I’m gonna stay on the current firmware for another week or 2. Really want to check out the update, but just gonna wait a pinch.

DId you get the video uploaded?