OP-Z Mega tutorial by Cuckoo

Is there a way to address more steps when you change pattern length/speed? Something like if you change the length to 64 steps - can you still input steps individually vs recording manually? If not, beta testers please get that feedback to TE.

My question is this: if live recorded steps can be “nudged” toward perfect timing, can they also be nudged away from perfect timing? Humanized a little bit?

@Ion677 said:
My question is this: if live recorded steps can be “nudged” toward perfect timing, can they also be nudged away from perfect timing? Humanized a little bit?

Yes it seems like it

@eclipxe said:

@Ion677 said:

Yes it seems like it

Cuckoo demonstrates this in the video. I’m really curious how it functions when you have that slower track speed. Does it move a full “step” or can you nudge “micro steps”? Can’t wait to get my hands on one!

it seems like no matter where you loop the tape when using tape tricks the loops are significantly quieter than the pattern is when running normally =\

@drybones said:
it seems like no matter where you loop the tape when using tape tricks the loops are significantly quieter than the pattern is when running normally =\

Yeah it’s a bit of a problem. The original sound buffer was in stereo. But during dev it became mono due to memory, which also resulted in a lower volume. I hope we can get stereo back at some point.

@cuckoo said:

@drybones said:

Yeah it’s a bit of a problem. The original sound buffer was in stereo. But during dev it became mono due to memory, which also resulted in a lower volume. I hope we can get stereo back at some point.

ouchie

also the final clarification that the “punch in fx” are not actually audio effects but more like midi tricks/effects is disappointing too. still seems very powerful and looking forward to mine arriving but…

I can’t wait to play around with the transpose functions. That looks absolutely incredible…

@drybones said:
also the final clarification that the “punch in fx” are not actually audio effects but more like midi tricks/effects is disappointing too. still seems very powerful and looking forward to mine arriving but…

So different than the Punch-In effects of the Pocket Operators?

well i think some of the newer pos have some punch in fx that behave similarly but i could be wrong. but as far as the original pos that had more traditional audio fx (delay, distortion, filter sweep, etc) the opz does not have those kinds of punch in fx (seemingly)

@nisiru said:
@cuckoo please show midi functionalities. Does it support CC control and sequencing on all 16 MIDI channels? How about MIDI program change when you sequence external sound modules?

We def need to see more Midi uses and maybe even a DMX tutorials while waiting. I saw on IG some sort of Novation XL Launch midi mixer hooked up to the OP-Z on tobiasvonhofsten was it direct USB to the Z? was hard to track the connection lines since there a ton of filters and the OP-lab included.

I mean I really wanna hear more about the unity or just the app visual track

Quite curious about the op1 firmware when cuckoo was turning on the op1 during his tutorial. 223c mmmh. Seems like an old beta.

@cuckoo just wanted to ask, are encoder changes automatable?

For example, if I record a chord melody, can I overdub with filter changes etc?

I thought this had been confirmed but having looked about I can’t find if this is the case.

Many thanks mate

@Domatron said:
@cuckoo just wanted to ask, are encoder changes automatable?

Yes! Although the automation is actually not seen on the trig timeline. But it’s there.
You either hold a trig and turn an encoder per trig. Or you press and hold REC while turning the encoders to record it live. Press and hold REC+stop to clear the track automation.

@dsk said:
Quite curious about the op1 firmware when cuckoo was turning on the op1 during his tutorial. 223c mmmh. Seems like an old beta.

Haha, yeah old beta. I was testing something, and then I’m not sure what made it into the official build. I should keep uptodate!!

thanks Cuckoo, really appreciate you taking the time to answer off any questions us eager OPZers have :smiley:

@cuckoo looking forward to op-z mega tutorial level 2!

@cuckoo said:

@dsk said:

Haha, yeah old beta. I was testing something, and then I’m not sure what made it into the official build. I should keep uptodate!!

I would say share it with the firmware mod thread, but that probably violates your NDA… unless you got an okay from TE.

@kingof9x said:
I would say share it with the firmware mod thread, but that probably violates your NDA… unless you got an okay from TE.

Hehe. No sharing beta firmware from me. Sorry :wink: I think it was the introduction of something related to sync. Can’t recall now. It probably made it into the official build.