OP-Z Release Date

@GCF TE told me on a Reddit AMA that OP-Z would have USB Host capability. At this point I’m guessing that this might be one of the add on modules they have eluded to, but I hope it is built in.

Hi guys. Have mine preordered thru guitar center and up until a few days ago it said available 08/07/18.
It now lists as 11/07/18 availability. Not really relevent but i can say this. Its been on preorder for a long time and im getting ancy in my pancy. ?

@hallowsphoto Guitar Center actually had dates floating around Sept 2018 for a few weeks also. Judging by the instagram with cuckoo and Tobias from today https://instagram.com/p/BnKP6pKgxjU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1a8yev7ge7r9f, where he seems to suggest production still isn’t final, i think there might indeed be another delay!

@Sparky said:
@GCF TE told me on a Reddit AMA that OP-Z would have USB Host capability. At this point I’m guessing that this might be one of the add on modules they have eluded to, but I hope it is built in.

Good news is, they have said that the USBC hosting will be included at launch. They’ve already showcased this feature, too. And have gone to pains to not show any non confirmed features.

@ludicrouSpeed - that is indeed good news.

…oh …another delay of the previous delay
…the op z was anouced 951 days ago

…not bad…

november? so, pre-winter?

if anyone enjoys delays followed by solid products I recommend getting caught up in nintendo stuff aswell.

^ I’m spending so much time playng Dead Cells on my Switch that I don’t mind the OP-Z delay anymore…

@instantjuggler said:
@eesn

https://instagram.com/p/BnKKNxVgu39/

Wait! 17th of sep 201… what?

@punji said:

@instantjuggler said:
@eesn

https://instagram.com/p/BnKKNxVgu39/

Wait! 17th of sep 201… what?

haha!

What does thet mean for general availability like at Sweetwater?

At this stage, general availability is unconfirmed. My supplier has told me I will have an update tomorrow. Will advise.

Just saw October 18 as release date on Facebook. It was posted by some rando at synthposeum who claims to have asked them. Seems legit.

I talked to my swedish supplier and they confirmed that the first batch will arrive mid to late oktober (2018).

yeah it seems realistic that they would have a launch event in september, with release information including order date and such and then ship in late october. sweetwater in america has been saying november shipping now so that would all line and seem to make sense. i just hope that on september 17 they drop all the details on the device, both hardware and features. and also that beta users can make tutorials and such finally!!!

@instantjuggler said:
yeah it seems realistic that they would have a launch event in september, with release information including order date and such and then ship in late october. sweetwater in america has been saying november shipping now so that would all line and seem to make sense. i just hope that on september 17 they drop all the details on the device, both hardware and features. and also that beta users can make tutorials and such finally!!!

I agree. Also I hope they release all those lovely OPZ leather cases figuring around. Cant’t wait!

I’ve waffled back on forth on the Z since it was announced, but I finally put in a pre-order today since things seem to be sort of moving forward. Tiny, standalone, and battery powered have become even more important to me as of late so I’m pretty excited. My guy at Sweetwater (US retailer) did not have a firm release date for me though, mentioned early winter but also said that he had no real info from TE.

@Muhr said:

@instantjuggler said:

I agree. Also I hope they release all those lovely OPZ leather cases figuring around. Cant’t wait!

MY guy at sweetwater said that there were two choices of case available: Brown Leather and Black Leather.

@nightsquirrel said:
I’ve waffled back on forth on the Z since it was announced, but I finally put in a pre-order today since things seem to be sort of moving forward. Tiny, standalone, and battery powered have become even more important to me as of late so I’m pretty excited. My guy at Sweetwater (US retailer) did not have a firm release date for me though, mentioned early winter but also said that he had no real info from TE.

Out of curiosity, who is “your guy”? Mine’s Caleb – he is quite friendly and helpful :slight_smile:

@boe_dye said:

Out of curiosity, who is “your guy”? Mine’s Caleb – he is quite friendly and helpful :slight_smile:

His name is Nick. Not sure how we ended up together exactly, but he’s cool. I get the impression he’s possibly more guitar-focused… he definitely did not mention an awesome brown leather case to me. He’s who I bought my OP-1 from four years ago though, so credit for that.

Did your man Caleb have any more specific release timing info to share?