OP-Z sample capacity

I dont know if it was mentioned before, or it was clear from the beginning for everyone. Today I removed all the engines (Volt, Digital …) in Bass, Lead, Arp & Chord tracks via the app from their slots. Then, via the PC, I filled all the empty folders, one sample per folder. If you uses the App, it gives you now the possibility to choose from 40 different samples + the build in engines. I think this will also work for the drum tracks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsYjdvfoyO0/

Sadly, it’s not possible to fill the entire machine with full-length drum kits and synth samples. I’m not sure why they limited it like that. It means that it’s impossible to load all of my current drum kits (which are crammed into the 12sec limit) at once :disappointed:

^ As I suggested before, they are likelly loading every sample from flash to RAM, and there is only so much of that…

I wish it were possible to store user samples in the app though, as it’s annoying to have to use disk mode every time I want to swap samples out…

Use chromatic samples on drum tracks!

If pristine sound quality is unimportant to you, I’ve found cramming a bunch of samples for chromatic use into drum kits using the old-school sampler pitchshifting technique to be a sweet workaround. You can thus get 24 patches per drum kit of leads, chords, basses, whatever. To work with them you simply parameter lock the pitch of the sample per step.

3 Likes

I forgot to add: surprisingly, the ramp up and down step components also work with these chromatic drum kit samples, meaning they apply the effect melodically on the sample as such, not on the drum kit as a whole, where you might expect it to shift to another drum sample instead.

I can’t recommend enough making your own drum kits, the significant time and effort to do so notwithstanding. It takes the OP-Z to the next dimension.

Such a fun and amazing instrument! Thanks, TE and this helpful forum!

2 Likes

This is gold, thank you.

My samples are synced with the app when I enter conf mode. They even have little icons and a three letter name on the Z app. No icon though, just the letters

They can’t be stored there though. If you remove them from the tracks using the app, they stay in the top list, but once you press “commit”, they disappear from the app altogether.

hmmmm. I didn’t notice that…I’ll see if mine is doing the same

there is a android app that can do backups. Roamer has it the dev is working on a patch management and transfer tool to.

1 Like

That’s crazy awesome