Op-z - sampler!

In a German Facebook group, Bruno wrote today that the USB-audio-driver-feature seems to work bidirectional (meaning in- and output) with Android and iOS devices, Windows and OSX computers and even Linux distrubutions.

3 Likes

maybe that’s for dual synthesis modes where for instance a big reverb algorhythm runs on an iPhone while controlled within OP-Z.

at least it opens up, for a lot of processing through the Phone. Great.

I think you are assuming too much here… it is probably just audio streaming.

1 Like

of course but streaming on IOS means streaming through the whole system. Apps like Filtatron and Loopy HD, Garageband etc…list goes long. normally the OP-Z would then show up as an Interface.

1 Like

That would be really fantastic. Now the only question is, if it will have only 2 channels or more channels audio streaming :smirk:

1 Like

exactly

So it could output multiple channels to a mac like overbridge does?

I am all about adding coal to the op-z hype train, but I think that is a bit much to hope for rite now.

3 Likes

Multi-channel output over USB is a feature I’m really hoping for, but I doubt it will happen in this release. Maybe it could be a big feature for a v1.2/v2.0 firmware update or something.

1 Like

Could this be more likely via Audiobus or similar?

It would likely just show up as a class-compliant audio interface, which Audiobus should be able to use. The hard part is getting the Z to split its audio channels and send them over USB, which is fairly processor-intensive for such a low-power board (and may even be physically impossible, depending on how the physical circuit was designed, although that’s the least likely option).

1 Like

I’d be more than happy if it just could work as an audio interface, especially if I can use the line in at the same time. It would be cool to use the OP-Z as an interface for recording the OP-1 straight into the ipad, either to record into beatmaker 3 or just to run through a bunch of effects apps.

I can do it already by using a Zoom H41 and a powered USB-hub, but the less toos I need the better.

2 Likes

If its less than 6 mins, I just record to album and take the file off in disc mode. I have the zoom but I just use it when I need the mic and recorder same time.

A Roland Go mixer costs about £50

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

3 Likes

I played with it a little bit before I went to work. If I brought it with me I wouldn’t get anything done today.

5 Likes

Sampler is monophonic, ain’t it?

Yea…i’m about to take a quick Zed break at my day gig lol…

1 Like

No, some tracks are polyfonic. the drum tracks don´t as far as i know

1 Like

drumtracks can have 2 sounds per step…lead track 3…chord track 4 (would like a few more here)…

1 Like