OP-Z Teardown

Ever wonder what’s inside? Wonder no more - here’s a simple teardown!! I broke out the screwdriver tonight and it all went back together fine.

Great work there! Where is the codec / audio co-processor chip?

The Micron NW228 NAND flash seems to be “MT29F8G08ADBDAH4:D” with 1GB.

The 32MB sample limit is probably due to the 64MB RAM, i.e., they move all the samples from the flash to the RAM in order to easily play them.

@maushammer said:
Ever wonder what’s inside? Wonder no more - here’s a simple teardown!! I broke out the screwdriver tonight and it all went back together fine.

Amazing, thanks for sharing!

@punji said:
Great work there! Where is the codec / audio co-processor chip?

Thanks! I forgot to look for that chip; I’m guessing it’s on the non-DSP board near the headphone jack. That area is kindof hidden and, honestly, I forgot it was there.

Great job ! I really enjoyed the reading

That was interesting! Thanks for sharing.

they are sticking with blackfin interesting. anyone got a part number for those encoders? can anyone tell me if the wheels click in?

OMG the voyager image under the battery! much love.

I bet the encoders are AMS or Allegro chips. AMS AS5048 and Allegro A1335 are two I’ve used; they’re probably using something similar. super cool chips

The info is there at the teardown site… the encoders are custom made by TE using ball bearings and a magnetic sensor from IC-Haus (TW11).