OP-Z Using Android

Does anyone know if its possible to search the op-z root folders on android…
Or is it just apple and Windows that’s supported?
Cheers

There is no op-z app for windows, Mac OS X, IOS, and Android only.

Yes you can view the android app data. On my device it is \Android\DATA\COM.TEENAGEENGINEERING.TE012

1 Like

Thank u!
Found the folder, and it seems to give access to any photos or videos…

What I’m really wanting is to be able to upload samples to the op-z from my android phone… Any idea if this is possible?

Cheers

I’ve never tried it but I’ve managed to do OP-Z backups on Android because you have access to all the OP-Z’s data.

Taking that into consideration I think you can easily upload your own samples from Android to the OP-Z, you’ll probably need to download an app that let’s you navigate the file system (I think this works Play Store: Files By Google), just make sure you’re connecting your OP-Z in content mode (OP-Z Disk Modes).

1 Like

Thanks!
As you can see, I’ve only just got the op-z… Only just realised its on firmware 1.2.8… Thinking the update might help with a few connectivity issues I’ve been having…
I’ve stolen my son’s laptop for now, and got the op-1 sample manager programme running… Seems good so far

Thanks for the help

1 Like

there is an android op drum utility. I don’t remember what op-z functionality it has but i think the guy is still working on it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.metske.oputility

I think you should be able to do firmware updates and drop samples on the op-z if it’s in disk mode. You just need a file manager app that can see external storage.

1 Like

This is a life changer for me if it works!!!
Just bought it and will be testing tonight…
Proper excited :joy:

Remember, there is a grace period for returns on android. When it first came out I had some issues using it with the op-1. I emailed the dev and they were very responsive. If it doesn’t work and you don’t return it email them about your issue.

1 Like

I can confirm that contet mode with file transfer works with Samsung galaxy tab A 2019, so does the app. Haven’t tried MIDI yet.

2 Likes