OPZ modules

@vanratingen said:
The OP-Z comes with a USB-C cable ?

But if you want to be really cool you use TE cables for all your USB-C devices ?

Itā€™s my first and only USB-C deviceā€¦?

@Sparky said:
I blame the price of beer in Sweden.

Yeah life is just so expensive up thereā€¦

hmmm, just saw a photo of the inside OP-Z looks a lot like the backside of the PO hand solder or pin pressure modules!!! @docshermsticks you heard anything about the connection points under the modular pocket in the back of the OP-Z? that opens up alot of new questions on i/o can maybe be assignable?

:stuck_out_tongue: - my browser wonā€™t post the photo of the guts - womp - here is a google image
Google Photos

it looks like itā€™s some kind of soft inside the module slot?

That is similar to the pads behind the PO boardsā€¦ the modules likely have spring loaded pins (POGO pins) that touch those 14 pads. Pads are probably a combination of supply voltage, ground, and a number of general purpose I/Os that may be configured according to each module (for voltage or serial data transfer). Now we need a picture of the interior of a module to continue guessing :smile:

OK, time to start predicting the modulesā€¦

• Midi/CV - no secret here, basically announced?
    • Sampler - SD Card storage and line in ? (I have seen this mentioned on videos but could just be a guessā€¦)
    • Fx? More DSP?

Its pretty cool that the ā€˜module;ā€™ has its own track, so just about anything is possible!

@SLiC said:

• Sampler - SD Card storage and line in ? (I have seen this mentioned on videos but could just be a guessā€¦)
    • Fx? More DSP?

Its pretty cool that the ā€˜module;ā€™ has its own track, so just about anything is possible!

Wow! Unfortunately idea 2 and 3 seem to good to be true. And what if I need CV and Sampler so we will add:

1. A module hub module that lets you connect up to 4 Modules a time.

@adge said:

@SLiC said:

• Fx? More DSP?

Wow! Unfortunately idea 2 and 3 seem to good to be true. And what if I need CV and Sampler so we will add:

1. A module hub module that lets you connect up to 4 Modules a time.

OPLAB 2 :slight_smile:

the only module i am interested in at this point is a line in for sampling
but excited to see what they may come up w/

ā€¦based on a PO-33 Sampler. easy.

First module scheduled for release in Q1 2019:

A screen ?

1 Like

I have that module already- its great, connects wirelessly and even takes phone calls!

@ludicrouSpeed said:
First module scheduled for release in Q1 2019:

A screen ?

(as someone without apple products) I would actually be interested :smiley:

older iPads and maybe even iPod touch could be cheap ways to get a dedicated screen if u really wanted one

Iā€™m totally trolling, but part of me is serious & could I imagine it selling if not for the lack of dsp

Since itā€™s branded as opLab I wonder if it will come with the sensors that came with the first opLab?

@SLIC and some models cost less than the old OP-Lab! :grin:

Sensor inputs from the original Oplab would be cooooool