OS #225 posted

https://www.teenageengineering.com/downloads

ohhhh man
whaaaaat autotune on fm radio! I dig it. there's a lot of cool fixes that they added in. like the temp nudge when externally synced. i was having problems with that every once in a while. kudos teenage engineering <3

p.s. some of the new features look like things they already on the previous update. but I could be wrong.

All of those were new in 218, I bet this is just to fix the ongoing 220 incompatibility issues people were having.

awww man I was hoping for new engines :frowning: so nothing new from 218?

Nope, just bugfixes. Otherwise they would announce it with great pomp and ceremony! :wink:

Anyone have a changelog? I only know of a few crashing fixes and a weird radio question that may or may not pop up…

Does anyone know if the pattern sequencer bug is fixed so thar the timeline is displayed on the current beat?

CB

Hi @cloudburst .
I’ve got two OP-1s .one is pre OS 218.
I can confirm the OP-1 has worked like this always ,its not a bug,just the way you view it and shouldn’t be a problem (if not thought about too hard.Like inverted Y movements on game consoles ,sort of).

@quarantequatre :slight_smile:

it’s a smoothing one. in my opinion it gives a more responsive knob movement in switch mode (small increments) and the graphics are more stable now.

…but I’ve found a bug. you may recreate it by recording a little synth stab to tape, let it play and when you now switch from synth to drums and vice versa the audio gets corrupted.

it feels like the update of the screen causes the issue.

I’ve done a factory reset, fresh install of 225.

emailed TE.

after changing the synth and drum presets i think it was just the patch that sounded harsh by switching to it.

it works as expected, no more alarm.

Unfortunately, I have another bug as well.

When in Beat Match, OP-1 sends the clock, it’s the master, OK with that.
But while in “sync” mode, OP-1 receives the clock, as it’s the slave, but also sends it, resulting in every device slaved receiveing the clock twice, and thus running at double speed.

In Sync mode, OP-1 should never send the clock.
What’s your take on this ?
Bug, or not ? Shall I declare it ?

@LyingDalai I think that is worth reporting to TE. Doesn’t seem like the best setup for ease of use. I’m not sure what the “standard” is for this – but I would imagine that if something is set to a slave mode, then it wouldn’t also send out master clock.

anybody update w/ iter & filter previously unlocked? do they go away?

btw…

Pushing the green encoder makes it possible to automatically search FM stations.

Wonder if it was there on 218.

@LyingDalai: out of interest, what’s your setup when encountering the problem you mention about OP sending clock in sync mode?

@eesn and everyone else who wants to know:

Change-list:

* Regulatory required ability to disable the fm radio receiver in accordance with Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU

This selection will be cleared by a factory reset.

Fineprint:

Prior to June 2017 the R&TTED specifically excluded Broadcast TV & radio receivers from its scope. These are now specifically included in the scope of the RED. For more info on the benefits of including receivers in the RED standard please contact your eu parliament representative.

* Reverse playback of loops did not work at the very start of the tape. Fixed.

* Pressing the help button would mess up triggering in pattern sequencer. Fixed.

* Day of the month could be set out of bounds. Fixed.

* Various other smaller fixes.

Any issues, maybe there could be another thread or use this one?

@LyingDalai: out of interest, what's your setup when encountering the problem you mention about OP sending clock in sync mode?

iConnectMIDI4+ is my hub, set to just transmit any message incoming.

I have several Elektron machines plugged to the MIDI hub, + OP1
Elektron machines display the current tempo, even set as slave. So I can see how they react to clock sent.

I choose one as Master, everything is fine.
E.g. Analog Rytm, with Tempo out and no tempo in.
When I set OP-1 to Beta Match, clocks are AR clock + OP-1 clock (as both are set to master, makes sense).
When i set OP-1 to sync, I can see OP-1 tempo align itself on AR tempo. But all the other machines that are slaved have a their tempo x2 AR clock.

Alone, I can just set OP-1 as mater an it’s OK.
But when I play with my friend, computers are synchronizing everything and are link through Wifi with Ableton.
Doesn’t work fine in such case.

One possibility is to use iCM4+ configuration tool to cut OP-1 clock systematically.
But If I go to other places, I won’t have such tool to prevent OP-1 to send clock.

I have the impression this was brought with OS 218, they have done something with clock iirc.
Prior to June 2017 the R&TTED specifically excluded Broadcast TV & radio receivers from its scope. These are now specifically included in the scope of the RED. For more info on the benefits of including receivers in the RED standard please contact your eu parliament representative.
If I understand correctly, RED legislation included FM receivers so that the manufacturer make sure they cannot be hacked...