Panning techniques

Just thought of another one that might be fun to try…

Goal: copy the same material with different eq settings to the L and R tracks

Steps:

- Start off with some material on one track and nothing on your panned L and R tracks
- Go into the eq page and apply a setting, eg, kill mids and highs, just keep bass
- Do the white ear trick to copy your material to the L track (result will be a bass-only version of your material)
- Go back into the eq page and apply a different setting, eg, kill bass and mids, just keep highs
- Do the white ear trick to copy your material to the R track (result will be a highs-only version of your material)
- Set your eq back to however it was before and remove your original material.

Lots of faff, but that’s when I find the best stuff comes out :wink:

All these are phenomenal. Excited to experiment with/ it all.

Got a chance to play around today with this.

Uploading a track now… It’s not a whole song, but wanted to share what I was inspired to make.

Here’s my track from today, might not seem like much, but I’m really pleased with how my grasp, and skills of my fav lil synth are starting to grow.

https://soundcloud.com/ryanecollings/foodcourt-jam

Good skills @<a href=“https://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/2662/ludicrouSpeed” class=“Username” style=“font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(66, 157, 168); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>ludicrouSpeed! You definitely can’t accuse that track of being straight down the middle :wink:

Oh my god…

That took me a long time to get your joke xD

Must be tired.

But thankyou, again. Yourself, and some other guys on this forum have given me so much inspiration, and determination to push harder with the lil OP1… It’s a gradual mindset shift that I’ve undergone in order to be bold with arrangements… I can’t say much for the composition of the piece I just made, but insofar as making the most of what the OP-1 can do… I was pretty much working in mono before… I still believe that a good track will sound good in mono… & also, you can ruin a track for mono by applying too many phasing/stereo effects, but I’m no longer afraid to try some cool stereo shizz, and it makes it a billion times richer when listening in stereo, espesh w/ headphones.

@ludicrouSpeed , this is dope!! The stereo shit is willlllllld man. Which of the techniques did you use?

p.s. that rewind sound at 1:38 is maddddddd