PO-32 Transfer data without microtonic?

Actually, you’d probably want to do this twice and the second time change only one parameter in microtonic.

1 Like

Microtonic v.3.2 is not available yet but you can take the recording while exporting the data from the PO and repeat that after some small change…

PS: It seems like it will be available in a couple hours!

I asked about this on the AMA…

[–]sparky742
Do you plan to make the pattern transfer protocol for the PO-32 public so some of use can dabble with it?

[–]teenage_engineering[S]
That’s a question for Magnus at sonic charge.

actual dump soundfile mp3 now on http://soniccharge.com/tonicnow . curiously it’s encoded at 64kbit / 24khz so the baud rate takes it; not that many bands… edit: aand it’s up, and 3.2 installer is in downloads. says DPSK inside.

Someone already suggested that to Magnus at the Sonic Charge forum, but he did not reply to it…

X.X

uTonic stand-alone for Mac (v.3.2) with support for PO-32 is now available:

Sonic Charge - download

PS: The trial does not allow using the PO-32 data transfer, you need to register a valid license first… :frowning:

Hi there,
I ordered the PO32, but am not a fan of the idea of using a computer with the PO. (Besides, i managed placing an order at the 69€ price tag in a german store)
Do you think there would be interest in a “parallel” platform only with “wav files” (will mp3 work btw) of the transmission ?

@jazzmess that’s what this thread is about. I don’t see why mp3 wouldn’t work – the compression shouldn’t have that big of an impact on whether the PO-32 can receive the sound. After all, it is designed to be played from speakers or another PO-32 which can’t be any more controlled than wav vs mp3.

By parallel platform are you suggesting that another program be created?

You’re right for the MP3 thing :slight_smile:

I meant a collaborative platform (website) where users could share their patches like the patternarium, but with wav files directly .
Though we would still need a computer of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can just use the Microtonic demo for Sound transfer?

I thought I read that it doesn’t work with the free trial. Can’t remember where I saw that though.

@jazzmess Someone recommended Soundcloud. That seems like a good mobile option too.

1 Like
@jazzmess Someone recommended Soundcloud. That seems like a good mobile option too.

I forgot the obvious, thx :smiley:

Does anyone know if you can just use the Microtonic demo for Sound transfer?

it asks for registration to enable the transfer functionality

Little lunchtime jam today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQLD8m7B8CJ/

Little lunchtime jam today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQLD8m7B8CJ/

Sounds impressive.
i managed placing an order at the 69€ price tag in a german store

What ?

Mind sharing your good deal ?

EDIT : it’s not available yet but 69€ at bax-shop

PS: The trial does not allow using the PO-32 data transfer, you need to register a valid license first.... :-(

i managed placing an order at the 69€ price tag in a german store

What ?

Mind sharing your good deal ?

EDIT : it’s not available yet but 69€ at bax-shop

Yes at the end it boils down to whether you’ll buy microtonic or not, which added to the PO32, is more expensive when bought separately.
Mine was at music store.de. In the end I cancelled, and placed an order on the TE store website…